You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is there a possibility of another lockdown?

Covid has made everyone's life difficult and carrying a normal life comes with a lot of fear. These days cases in India has declined to a slight relief of people but now again we see a spike in cases in certain parts of the country which could be a second wave mostly hit in Kerala and Maharashtra. With the second wave comes the fear of possible lock down among people. Few people think there could be lock down, while few others think partial lock down or night curfews might be implemented everywhere and others say there would not be any changes as economy might be impacted. Though I am not against the lock down if that is the only way to control the pandemic I somewhere fear of it and feel nothing as such should happen.

I know there would be multiple threads raised on this pandemic but I am raising to know the views from the members of ISC as everyone might have different views.
    Do you feel lock down might be implemented? If lockdown is the solution, do you think it will be for the entire country or only for the worst hit states like Maharashtra and Kerala or will it be implemented in major cities like Bangalore, Delhi also.
    Please share your views
    If the virus infection spreads fast then Govt has no alternative then go for a lockdown. That is why people should cooperate and take precautions and should not take this as lightly. It is not an ordinary virus for which a standard drug relief is there. It is a new virus for which there is no sure shot medicine so far. It is the duty of the citizens to take all care and tell others also to take care if we want to avoid another lockdown.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I do not see any lock down in near future for many reasons. That India could able to contain the disease from spread and the first lock down was forced on the economy which had the severe beating. That the vaccine has now come out and most of the front line doctors and health workers are covered. That means out of 130 crore population one crore has been convinced and given vaccine.From first March 2021 onward the seniors above 50 years of age are going to be given the vaccine and therefore the preventive measures would stop spending the virus further coming in second phase. Having gone through the ordeal of first phase, people are also have the experience and does not want to avail leave or absent and thus work for the success of the company and proving to be larger beneficial in the long run.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Despite knowing the ill effect of the virus, people are not strictly following the measures. Except in few cities, no one wears a mask or maintain social distancing or hand sanitizing. Only the hospitals are very strict with such rules. Buses are over crowded. Functions are overcrowded.

I sincerely do not recommend a complete lockdown India, but lockdown in areas where the deadly virus is present. Since March 2020, I was in Bengaluru, and I just returned to my home town in TN last week. I do not find anyone wearing mask. Everything is normal as usual. All think that Corona has left Tamilnadu.

By not following the rules, we are digging our own graves.

No life without Sun

Yes. Already in Pune night curfew is implemented I understand. If the virus spreads very fast again the government may go for another lockdown. Already vaccination is in its full swing and I understand that from March 1st Senior Citizens will start getting the Vaccine. Private hospitals also may be allowed for vaccination against payment for which the cost will be decided by the government. With these measures, the chances of going for a lockdown are less. But we can't rule out.
    Many people have forgotten the virus and stopped even wearing a mask also. One should not stop the following three.
    1. Wear a mask. 2. Maintain social distance. 3. Keep washing your hands at regular intervals. But many people stopped these points also. We should follow these rules till vaccination is completed for all the people. Then we will be safe.

drrao
    always confident

If by chance the second lock down was imposed due to surging of cases, the people may not follow the rules because the first lock down was too lengthy and the life was miserable.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Given the manner in which the carelessness of the people and the infection of the virus increased day by day, it seems more likely that the lockdown can once again stop the unnecessary traffic of people in the country and the states. Although the fear of the people had reduced somewhat since the introduction of the vaccine, the problem has not ended yet. The new form of the virus is becoming dangerous in the new cases coming, so now more vigilance is needed. There is no harm if the government declines lockdown again at the state level.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

• Sign In to post your comments