You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Stop complaining and do your duty please.

Due to recent ongoing discussion on fuel price hike, I also sometimes feel that something is not going good but then I also witness the expectations from a common man that they intend our system to be like that of developed nations. Leave few, many would like to settle and practice their jobs and services in the countries like USA, UK and Australia etc. Even though staying in India but we are never getting tired when comparing with their economies,
    1. Their education.
    2. Their infrastructure.
    3. Their GDP / per capita income.
    4. Their enterprises / entrepreneurs.
    5. Their social status.
    6. Their defense.
    7. Their technology.
    8. Few would even go on mentioning the oil prices in the Arab countries.
    9. Etc

You do not want to invest but you want everything like them. How that can be possible? We are independent because many made sacrifices.

Recently, before Delhi election, the AAP party announced freebies for woman commuters in the DTDC buses. Also, the electricity bills were also write-off for few units. The party argued that the Delhi got huge money and they have everything under control. But during peak of Corona, they were asking the Central government for more funds and when available then spent on publicity stunts.

This happens when you do not have the nationalistic approach.

Stop complaining and do your duty please.
    There are positives and negatives everywhere. We will never appreciate the positives but always try to highlight the negatives if we don't like the other person. If we like him we ignore their negatives and highlight their positives. This is the nature of the human being.
    We will never think about our actions and we never see whether we are going in the correct direction. But we will focus on the other person and try to highlight his negative points.
    The expectations of the citizens from the government are increasing. Many freebies are expected from the government. Some money as a pension, some essential commodities free or by paying minimum value to those items. We want subsidies. Wherefrom the government will get money. Again we have to pay. The best source for them is fuel. Nobody will reduce consumption even though the prices are increasing. So the government is trying to get money from there.

drrao
    always confident

I would request the author to modify pl. with please in the title as well as at the end of this thread.

I do not know whether we want to live in a world where there will be no complaints and only duty-bound citizens listening to some unfounded theories of politicians. When you know you have a role to play to effect some changes in any field you must take the initiative instead of complaining but when you do not have a role but found some injustice taking place somewhere are you not going to complain? We all are aware of the after-effects of a hike in fuel prices and because of that many are raising their voices but are we hearing the voices of common men or the politicians in this case? Politicians raise the issue of price rise for political gains and every political party raises such issues in the form of complaints, especially during the election. I fail to understand the meaning of the term 'nationalistic approach' used in the latter part of this thread. Freebies are a part and parcel of Indian politics and every political party announces doles and freebies before the elections. How this is connected to the nationalistic approach? We should not have the attitude to complain every time and play our role instead whenever possible but that should not stop us from raising burning issues on various platforms.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

There is vast difference in petrol price in the world. Minimum price of petrol is in Venezuela -(approximately) Rs 1.45 per litre and maximum price is in Hong Kong- (appproximately) Rs 150/- .
    In neighbouring countries like Bhutan, Burma, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka petrol is more or less Rs 50/- per litre.
    Why there is so much difference in petrol price from country to coutry I don't know its reason but at least why our neighbouring countries have almost half of the price ?

In a list of 167 countries India stands at 115th place.

Be indian and buy Indian.

Appropriate and conclusive response by Mr, Bhattacharya. No one is asking for any luxuries or what is available in other countries. Life here in India is far more comfortable if we can get essential commodities at reasonable rates. When the situation arises, complaints have to be made. One can do his or her duty peacefully when there is no occasion to complain. That is what everyone wants.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

This is a thought provoking post. In the place where we are supposed to work sincerely, we are not working in that way but complaining other things that they are not like the other countries. This is a ridiculous situation and in a way such people are actually not honest to their country and are in fact responsible for the problem that a country faces when the people do not contribute and only criticise the Govt.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

After reading this post my thoughts went to those 40 percent people of India who are not the voters and never voted and yet they demand for the facilities from the govt. In that case the govt can deny its facilities and welfare programs to those people but it never stopped and this example has proven that none has the right to complain against the system when they are not part of it.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

"nationalistic approach." meant to think above ourselves, up to level which can benefit to the growth and development of our nation.

I did not mean to discuss on the rising fuel prices either nor objected to raising our voices wherever this needs to be but the concern is on our stand taken.

Do we feel that we are honest on our stand and at the same time we are contributing enough to our capacity in order to provide a good base for growth and development of our nation?

Ved Prakash, suppose you are working in a private company. It goes without saying that you will have to do the job assigned to you to the satisfaction of your bosses and for the betterment of the company. The company distributes prizes to the best employees and also announces incentives every year and that does motivate you. But what would be your reaction if the company, after getting your signature on the payslip and paying you the salary, announces that each employee would be required to purchase a particular number of shares of the company so that the amount can be invested for further improving the company? And how would it be if the announcement further state that the shares would continue to be held by the company and would be transferred to the employees once the financial position of the company improves? Will you be in doubt? No employer should try to create confusion among the employees to attain their goal. There should absolute clarity.

Indians have always been contributing in their own way to the progress of the nation and it is not something new that they need to be taught. But to say that you must not ask questions or complain about anything is something unacceptable. Everyone is doing their duty and there is an authority, at each level, to check whether someone is not doing so or is doing something against the policies. But again, asking one to keep his eyes, ears and mouth closed 'in the name' of the benefit of the nation is neither democratic nor prudent.

And as for the comparison we make with developed nations and are in awe of the progress they make, it is not because we want to be like them but, as the saying goes, because the grass is always greener on the other side of the river!

'To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.'-Confucius

Saji Ganesh,

Perhaps, you have not gone through my comment, #724895.

I don't think there is any need to define India at this stage. I can still give you a definition if you can be more specific with your question. If you are expecting something like India is the land of Indians or something like that, I am sorry.
    'To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.'-Confucius

Saji Ganesh,
    I am sorry that I immediately made changes to my comment. #725038

I have very well read your comment before posting my response at #724948. What is that you are trying to highlight now? That one should think above oneself so that our nation progresses? Why don't you understand that it is the progress of each individual that determines the progress of the nation? And, when we are not willing to think above ourselves even within the family, how do you expect one to do so in favour of the nation? Would you sacrifice your desire to own a car so as to help a close relative own a house? Let that be so because expecting one to do so would be quite illogical. So, it is not about sacrificing ourselves or our needs, it is about doing our bit but that does not mean that we carry the burden. An efficient administration must be able to take the nation forward without compromising on the wellbeing and welfare of its people. We have gone through seventy years of democracy and so let us not speak as if a new nation is in formation!

Saji Ganesh,

#724895, "nationalistic approach." meant to think above ourselves, up to level which can benefit to the growth and development of our nation."
    I believe this is mistaken.

Pl. read again,
    #724895, "Do we feel that we are honest on our stand and at the same time we are contributing enough to our capacity in order to provide a good base for growth and development of our nation?"

Did I mention to ignore ourselves? But instead, I mentioned, "enough to our capacity".

• Sign In to post your comments