Photo challenge creative writing contest - Part 1Our previous contest on pairs was related to colours. Now we will begin our Photo Challenge Creative Writing contest on another type of "pairs". In this, the first part of the contest, those who put in their registration can participate as well as those who did not. However, if you did not pre-register, you will not get enhanced points, cash credits, and prizes.
What you have to do: Upload a photo in a response to this thread on the theme Utility Pairs. That is, take a photo of two things that function as a pair. There is no need to put any heading or caption or even state what is in the photo. It should be such that we are able to recognize what is in the photo. All valid photos will get enhanced points and may also be given cash credits.
An example: The most obvious utility pair is a lock and its key. The lock cannot be used without its key, and the key is of no use if there is no lock. They thus have utility as a pair. It is possible that the particular lock can be used with another key and the particular key may just be able to open some other lock, so in that sense, they do independently of each other also are of use. Similarly, upload a photo of a pair that may or may not function independently of each other but must be such that they function as a pair.
1. Each member can submit only one photo.
2. The photo should not have a utility pair that is already submitted by another member. So be quick to upload before somebody else thinks of the same pair! In case you do upload a photo of the same pair, you will have a second chance and can upload another pair (but do not delete your first photo). No third chances, though. We expect honesty and no deletion or change of the photo after submission.
3. The photo must include a pair inside the house or wherever you are currently residing, be it a campus hostel or a relative's home or company accommodation, or even a resort. The pair should not be outdoors (not the outdoor garden or your home's backyard or front yard, etc).
4. The photo should not include people, animals, weapons, or medicines.
5. The photo should not be indecent in any way, otherwise, you will be disqualified and face temporary suspension as well.
6. Avoid too large a photo, resizing it if necessary and adhere to Image posting guidelines.
So what's the challenge in this? You have to come up with a utility pair that is so unique (other than the example of the lock and key) that it will be a challenge for the other contest participants to write on it (what is the writing requirement and the challenge of that will be announced in Part 2 of the contest later, as also the benefits to the first three pre-registered participants).
Closing date of submission of photos: 11th March 2021.
A tip: go around the house and check out things, not just which can be seen as a utility pair right away, but also which may be inside cupboards and drawers, on top of shelves, etc. You have been given sufficient time to really explore your own house - you'll be surprised at looking at it with new eyes!
In case any participant is confused and has not understood the concept, you can submit a query in a response to this thread itself.