You must Sign In to post a response.
Time for the first part of our exciting new photo challenge contest!
  • Category: Reward Programs

Photo challenge creative writing contest - Part 1

Our previous contest on pairs was related to colours. Now we will begin our Photo Challenge Creative Writing contest on another type of "pairs". In this, the first part of the contest, those who put in their registration can participate as well as those who did not. However, if you did not pre-register, you will not get enhanced points, cash credits, and prizes.

What you have to do: Upload a photo in a response to this thread on the theme Utility Pairs. That is, take a photo of two things that function as a pair. There is no need to put any heading or caption or even state what is in the photo. It should be such that we are able to recognize what is in the photo. All valid photos will get enhanced points and may also be given cash credits.

An example: The most obvious utility pair is a lock and its key. The lock cannot be used without its key, and the key is of no use if there is no lock. They thus have utility as a pair. It is possible that the particular lock can be used with another key and the particular key may just be able to open some other lock, so in that sense, they do independently of each other also are of use. Similarly, upload a photo of a pair that may or may not function independently of each other but must be such that they function as a pair.

Rules-
    1. Each member can submit only one photo.
    2. The photo should not have a utility pair that is already submitted by another member. So be quick to upload before somebody else thinks of the same pair! In case you do upload a photo of the same pair, you will have a second chance and can upload another pair (but do not delete your first photo). No third chances, though. We expect honesty and no deletion or change of the photo after submission.
    3. The photo must include a pair inside the house or wherever you are currently residing, be it a campus hostel or a relative's home or company accommodation, or even a resort. The pair should not be outdoors (not the outdoor garden or your home's backyard or front yard, etc).
    4. The photo should not include people, animals, weapons, or medicines.
    5. The photo should not be indecent in any way, otherwise, you will be disqualified and face temporary suspension as well.
    6. Avoid too large a photo, resizing it if necessary and adhere to Image posting guidelines.

So what's the challenge in this? You have to come up with a utility pair that is so unique (other than the example of the lock and key) that it will be a challenge for the other contest participants to write on it (what is the writing requirement and the challenge of that will be announced in Part 2 of the contest later, as also the benefits to the first three pre-registered participants).

Closing date of submission of photos: 11th March 2021.

A tip: go around the house and check out things, not just which can be seen as a utility pair right away, but also which may be inside cupboards and drawers, on top of shelves, etc. You have been given sufficient time to really explore your own house - you'll be surprised at looking at it with new eyes!

In case any participant is confused and has not understood the concept, you can submit a query in a response to this thread itself.
    For reference, here's the list of registered participants-
    1. Sanjeev Gupta
    2. Dr. Deepali Gangwar
    3. Sushma Mewundi
    4. Sun
    5. Swati Sharma
    6. Neeru Bhatt
    7. Mallela Jyothi
    8. Shampa Sadhya
    9. Kamal Kishore
    10. Umesh
    11. Sanchita Ranjan
    12. KVRR
    13. Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao
    14. Dhruba
    15. Padmini
    Late registration: Dr. Paresh Gujarati

[Note- the submission of photos does not have to be in the same order as the registration. The participants can upload their entry at any point in time in any order before the closing date.]

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Here is my photo.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Delete Attachment

Here is my photo.
    Regards
    Kamal

Delete Attachment

Here is my entry for photo challenge creative writing contest - part 1

Delete Attachment

My entry
    No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

deleted
    drrao
    always confident

This is my entry for the contest. A tea kettle and a cup & saucer.
    drrao
    always confident

Delete Attachment

Pl. find my entry for the Photo challenge creative writing contest - Part 1.

Delete Attachment

My Entry:
    shampasaid

Delete Attachment

Dear Ma'am, Please find the attachment and consider it for my entry into this contest.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Delete Attachment

My entry for the contest part-1.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Delete Attachment

My entry for this photo contest part - I is as follows -
    Knowledge is power.

Delete Attachment

Please find my entry for the photo challenge creative writing contest - Part 1
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

My Entry.
    Jeba.

Delete Attachment

My entry

Delete Attachment

My entry for the contest.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Delete Attachment

Please find my entry for the challenge.

Delete Attachment

My entry to the contest:-
    Believe in the existence of God the super power.

Delete Attachment

Swati - Although the photo that you submitted was clearly a toy, as a precautionary measure in keeping with Google AdSense policies vis-a-vis weapons, it was removed.

Dr. Rao - with regard to your first response #725043 - did you remove a photo that you submitted first or just some text?

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Vandana Ma'am,

Do I have another chance, to change my entry for the contest?

Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Swati, no, I am sorry; you cannot submit another photo. Note that you are still eligible to participate in Part-2 of the contest later. If that entry is valid and eligible, you may get enhanced points and cc like other participants, but you are not eligible for the main prizes since Part-1 is connected to that and your entry here is invalid.

I have not registered but kindly find my entry for the photo challenge contest for Utility pair
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Delete Attachment

Varghese,

Yes, the entry is accepted. Please read the first paragraph of the announcement in this thread.

Managing Editor,
    I have not posted the photo as there is a problem with posting. I just posted text only. So I tried again and deleted the first text. This is for your information.

drrao
    always confident

Please find below my entry for this contest-
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Delete Attachment

Please find my entry for the photo challenge creative writing contest - Part 1

Delete Attachment

Alright, Dr. Rao, noted your response to my query. Thanks.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.