You must Sign In to post a response.
Did you participate in the first part of the photo challenge contest? Even if you did not, you can participate in this one, the second part, submitting your entry no later than 18th March 2021.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Photo challenge creative writing contest - Part 2

We've got great photo pairs, so now it is time to showcase your creativity! The challenge is to write something creative about one of the photo pairs, namely how did this utility pair come together? After reading the instructions and rules, please read my response #725460 to this thread below as well.

Note that those who did not pre-register and those who did not submit a photo in Part-1 are welcome to submit entries here for Part-2, but are not eligible for enhanced points, cc or prizes. You will only get some points for participation as long as your entry is valid.

What you have to do: Select any one from the two photos that were submitted immediately after yours (I will put a list in a response to this thread for quick reference). Write something interesting about how what is shown in the photo came together and became a pair. Your entry should be in English and should be submitted in Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel >> Competition Entries.

At the end of the write-up, mention (i) whose photo you selected; and (ii) that it is an entry for this contest, with a link to this thread. After you submit the thread, put the URL of the thread in a response to this thread. You are free to put any title. You can edit your entry to correct English and typo, but do not change the core write-up.

So your entry in a forum thread will be like this-
    Text
    Photo selected of (name of the member). This is an entry to the photo challenge contest (link to this thread).

Rules-
    1. You can select only one of the photos as per what is mentioned above and write only on that pair, not including any other pairs in your write-up. You can consider other things, if any, that appear in the photo that you have selected.
    2. You can submit your entry as a general write-up, a fictional story, a biography, or an autobiography, but no poetry/song formats. The write-up should be limited to a maximum of 500 words (use the MS-Word review --- word count tool). No links should be submitted.
    3. Adhere to forum posting guidelines, not submitting anything indecent and slang vocabulary or SMS-type formats. Avoid aspects that are political, religious, communal, and the like.

The prizes-
    The first prize of Rs.125/- will be given to the best entry (up to two entries can win this prize). There will be one or two 2nd prizes of Rs.100/- and a consolation prize may be considered as well. All valid entries may get enhanced points and cc up to Rs.30/-.

Closing date: 18th March 2021, midnight (IST).
    Whose photos you can select (write on one of them) is as follows-
    1. Sanjeev – either Kamal or Sanchita
    2. Kamal – either Sanchita or Sun
    3. Sanchita – either Sun or Ved Prakash
    4. Sun – either Ved Prakash or Shampa
    5. Dr Rao – either Ved Prakash or Shampa
    6. Ved Prakash – either Shampa or Neeru
    7. Shampa – either Neeru or Umesh
    8. Dr Paresh – either Neeru or Umesh
    9. Neeru – either Umesh or Jeba
    10. Umesh – either Jeba or Mallela
    11. Swati - either Jeba or Mallela
    12. Jeba – either Mallela or KVRR
    13. Mallela – either KVRR or Sushma
    14. KVRR – either Sushma or Dhruba
    15. Sushma – either Dhruba or Varghese
    16. Dhruba- either Varghese or Padmini
    17. Varghese- either Padmini or Dr Deepali
    18. Padmini – either Dr Deepali or Sanjeev
    19. Dr Deepali – either Sanjeev or Kamal

As you can see, there is some overlapping. So the challenge lies in making your entry stand out if two persons end up writing on the same pair. If I have missed out any participant from the above list or there is some incorrect photo mentioned, let me know.

Photos of Dr Rao (three objects), Dr Paresh (three objects) and Swati (toy weapon) have been rejected as invalid and hence nobody will be writing on them. Dr Rao and Swati are permitted to submit an entry here in Part-2 since they pre-registered and are eligible to get enhanced points and cc for valid entries, but since their photos were invalid, are not eligible for the main prizes. Dr Paresh you will get only participation points if your entry is valid.

Sanjeev, Dr Deepali, and Sushma – as the early birds to register, you are eligible to get five bonus points over and above what is given, as long as your entry is valid. You are also permitted to select your own photo, but if you choose to do so, then you will forfeit the five bonus points.

Those who did not pre-register or submit a photo can select for their entry any one of the pairs from the first three photos only, namely, those submitted by Sanjeev, Kamal, and Sanchita.

You may submit queries, if any, in this thread itself.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My entry for this contest is as under -
    The soft gesture of a mother.

Knowledge is power.

My entry to this contest :-

value addition to utility

Believe in the existence of God the super power.

I also want to participate in this contest but I do not understand this contest. Can you explain me in simple language? In simple language, explain to me how I can participate in this? what should I do for this. Because I want to win the prize by participating in it. So please help me and tell me what I have to do about this. Please give me one of the examples also. I will thank you very much for this.
    ^^^^^^^^^

Navneet, since you did not submit your name in the registration thread, you are not eligible to win any prize or cash credits for your entry.

If you are still interested, in simple language-
    1. Select any one of the first three photos that were submitted in Part-1 of the contest (the link is given in the announcement of this thread).
    2. Read the instructions and rules.
    3. Post a separate thread with your write-up.
    4. Submit the link of that thread in a response here, in this thread.

If you are keen to participate in contests, you must daily check the red-pinned thread at the top of the forum where the schedule for the month's contests has been put up. That way you will not miss out on any.

A small note - please avoid repetition of sentences in your forum responses.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My entry to the contest

Everything has its role in our life

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Following is my entry for this creative writing contest part-2:
    The notorious and mischievous boy.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

The following is the entry of me for this creative writing cost part 2.
    The naughty granddaughter

drrao
    always confident

This is my thread for the contest
    Elders and their advices are like a lamp of light in the darkness

My entry to the contest

A poor but sensible boy

Find below the link for my entry -
    Parent's understanding is the biggest gift

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Hi, Following is the my entry for the contest.

There is no greater magic than love and faith

Regards
    Kamal

My entry for the Photo Challenge Creative Writing Contest -Part 2 is :

Be friends like a needle and a thread

My entry for this contest
    Alone we can do so little;together we can do so much.

This is my entry for creative writing photo challenge contest - part 2

Times keep changing like a time in clock

My contest entry
    Right use of right things in life

No life without Sun

My entry for the contest.

" Be Good and Do Good "

My entry for the contest.
    work as a pair or perish

" Be Good and Do Good "

My submission:

Cleanliness without a broom and a dustpan is a myth

shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.