You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Photo challenge creative writing contest - just one prize winner

We were happy to see really good entries overall for the first part of the photo challenge contest, but were disappointed with the entries submitted for the second part. The entries just did not follow the brief. The theme was to creatively write on how the pair in the photo came together. What we got, instead, were entries that spoke about why they are functional as a pair. We even highlighted the theme in bold and mentioned it twice.

After discussions, it was decided to award only a single 2nd prize of Rs.100/- to Kamal Kishore for his story There is no greater magic than love and faith. Congratulations!

Other valid entries will be given points and cc as per the decision of the jury panel.
    Congrats to Kamal Kishore for the winning the contest. Yes it's disappointing that most of us could not understood what was asked to write.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Congrats to Kamal Kishore for winning the photo contest and for those who tried their best but could not connect to the expectation of site asking and thus could not win.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congrats to Kamal Kishore for winning the second prize. The contest was really good, but it was difficult to write a creative story as to how the pair got together. We could not understand the mind of the contest author. Anyway, we all enjoyed the contest. My special congrats to all the participants of this confusing contest.
    No life without Sun

Congratulation to Kamal Kishore for winning the reward, I would like to congratulate all other participants too for their stories. I will also enhance my creativity in my writings and will do my level best in upcoming contests.
    Swati Sharma

Keep your Face to the SunShine

Congrats to Kamal Kishore for winning the second prize. The contest was a little bit difficult but interesting. I enjoyed it a lot. I hope that we will try our best next time.

Hi, I thank the editors so much that they rewarded me for the photo creative writing contest. I would also like to confess that this contest was a bit tough. It looks difficult to write a story that how the pair in the photo came together. I believe that this contest was very interesting for everyone. We will look forward to many more such contests. I also congratulate all the participants.
    Regards
    Kamal

Congratulations to you Mr. Kamal Kishore for winning this contest. This is most probably my first entry for creative writing, and I am happy that I am to submit an entry at the last moment.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

It seems many of us missed the crucial instructions. Anyway, it will require some introspection and try to improve next time. I congratulate the lone winner Kamal Kishore for his outstanding and appropriate entry for the contest.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to winner Kamal kishore. Congratulations to all the other participants also for giving the best in their creativity. Let's be more careful and read the instructions thoroughly in future.

Congratulations to the winner. I really can't understand how many of us missed such an important instructions.The lesson learnt is that one should read the rules and instructions carefully before going ahead.
    drrao
    always confident

My hearty congratulations to the winner. Best of luck for the future, and my best wishes to all the other participants too.

I had noticed the instructions and read them too very clearly. I feel sorry that while writing the story, I failed to incorporate the condition. After I submitted it, I realised my mistake of not including the given theme in the story. It's a lack of concentration on my part. I hope to be careful next time.

shampasaid

This will be a lesson to all of us. Very sad. Anyway, I congratulate the winner for his correct and winning entry in this interesting contest. It is said that haste is waste and that fits in this case.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

My hearty congratulations to Kamal Kishore for being declared as the winner of the Photo challenge creative writing contest. I also congratulate other members who have received cash credits.
    Regards
    Rizwan

This contest was related to utility pairs. One cannot exist without the other. Hence the origin itself has the pairs. We cannot think about one and go after the other. I would say that it was an irrelevant thinking of the contest author to think differently and expecting a creative story from the members.
    Take the example of footwear. We cannot use a single shoe or chapal, but a pair only.
    Take the example of chapathi maker. Plate cannot exist without the roller, but a pair.
    How can we write a story on them?

No life without Sun

Congratulations to Kamal Kumar for winning this unique contest. It shows your presence of mind while reading the instructions as well as writing the story. Although the contest was interesting we could not make it. No worries, there is always some learning so better luck next time for me.
    Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Congratulations to Kamal Kishore for winning the Photo challenge creative writing contest part -2. It is also to note that you were the only one who could understand the core theme as required by the contest organizers and came up with a good creative write-up on how the pair in the photo came together. I would also like to wish all the other participants who participated in the contest and came up with some good stories. It is also the time to thank the organizers, just and the underground workers to come up with such a unique and out-of-the-box contest for the members.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Congratulations to Kamal Kishore for winning the 2nd prize in Photo challenge creative writing contest part -2.
    Lighted to Lighten

Congratulations to Kamal Kishore for winning the 2nd prize in Photo challenge creative writing contest part -2. Well done and keep it up.

Hearty congratulations Kamal! The cash reward and points have been credited.
    'To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge.'-Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.