You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

If you shop for vegetables and fruits please append here rates in your place

For my house I fetch the vegetables and fruits regularly either from the weekly market on every Wednesday or purchase regularly from the Polymeras super market for vegetable and fruits. While the leafy vegetables are sold at one rupee for a bunch , the tomato is given free for the purchase of vegetable more than 250 rupees. Potato at 20 per kg, and other vegetables are sixty per kg. The surprise pack is the onions, which is 5 kg for 100. Kiwi fruit is 10 per piece, water melon at 20 per piece and musk melon for rupees 10. Please share rates of vegetables and fruits in your area.
    As we are doing most of the purchasing ourselves this gives me an opportunity to share the rates in our area. These are - Potato Rs 20 per Kg, Onion Rs 24 per Kg, Lemon Rs 4 per piece, Spinach Rs 15 per bunch, Methi Rs 20 per bunch, Banana Rs 40 per Doz, Apple Rs 160 per Kg, Paneer Rs 360 per Kg, Ladies finger Rs 50 per Kg, Beans Rs 60 per Kg, Cucumber Rs 40 per Kg, Water melon Rs 50 per piece, Melon Rs 40 per Kg, Cauliflower Rs 50 per Kg, Peas Rs 60 per Kg, Bottle gourd Rs 40 per Kg, Tomato Rs 20 per Kg etc.

One interesting thing is that the rates are almost like the last year and in some cases even lower. Another thing is that quantity of items is seen in the market in plenty as if production of these things is good or transport mechanism has improved.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Neeru if you added the place then it would be more informative.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan Sir, I forgot to mention it. Actually these rates are prevailing in and pertain to the town Kharghar in Navi Mumbai area about 40 km from main Mumbai. These vegetables are generally supplied from the APMC market in Navi Mumbai.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments