You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Andhra Pradesh

Araku Valley. A beautiful place to visit.

Araku is a tribal hill area in the Visakhapatnam District of Andhra Pradesh. It is about 100 km from Visakhapatnam. It is located at an altitude of 911 metres above sea level.

This hill station is a very famous tourist spot. There are waterfalls, Coffee gardens and many famous flower gardens. Borra caves is also a place nearby. There are good hotels and restaurants available in this place and a night stay here will be very pleasant. AP tourism buses are also available.

There are buses to this place from Visakhapatnam and there are trains also. The best way is to hire a taxi from Visakhapatnam and start early in the morning and visit on the way Borra caves, waterfalls, and coffee gardens and reach Araku in the evening. Having a night stay there and the next day you can visit all the gardens around the valley and reach back by evening back to Visakhapatnam.

I visited this place on Saturday and Sunday. The best season to visit is from October to January of the year.
    Yes. I visited Arakku valley while I was in Visakhapatnam. We left Vizag at 7 a.m and reached there by 11 a.m. We had lunch there and enjoyed the scenary. And we returned in the p.m. We could not stay overnight because of heavy strength. A lovely picnic spot.
    No life without Sun

Thanks to the author for sharing the details of Araku valley and it seems to be the best place to enjoy with nature and have lots of place to cherish the dream of having visited there. The famous Chiranjeevi- Sridevi Telugu movie Jagadeka Veerudu Adhiloga Sundarri was shot in Borra caves. We have seen many movies showing train facility to the Araku caves. And those who want to be with close to nature, they need to visit such places and have the date with happenings there. If time and day permits. I shall also visit the place in future and get to know the details of the place.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments