You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Politics

Madras High court says that freebies are making people lazy

Freebies that are being offered by the political parties are making People lazy. This is the remark made by the Madras High Court. They also commented that these freebies are dampening the working culture.
    The court suggests an amendment to the Representation of the People's Act, 1950. and the court says that freebies offered by political parties are also to be viewed as a "corrupt practice" under Section 123.
    I welcome this and I personally feel that freebies should not be there. I like to know the views of other members.
    Thanks to the Madras High court for coming heavily on the freebies politics being played during elections and in TN it is become bad to worse as every voter is bound to get some thing or the other by voting to any party. One thing is sure the EC has to intervene and bar those parties which actually buys the votes through freebies and not through their election manifesto promises. That means in future there need not be any manifesto and EC must come out with fresh guidelines at the national level and freebies must be totally withdrawn. Let the all the parties decide on this matter and give affidavit to the EC.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments