You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do not be tempted to sweets offered if you are diabetic

There is a tendency among the relatives and friends to offer sweets and savouries when we visit them and this is done, though not intentionally, even though they are aware of the fact that we suffer from the diabetic setback and should not be eating sweets. Though not all are diabetic and thus the offer might be in general but that would tempt the diabetic person to enjoy the taste of the sweet thus offered. Two among four people of a family in India is having this disease and we alone can control the rise and fall of sugar levels in our body.
    If any person visits author's home, he may also offer sweets to the visitor. It is normal, it is the responsibility of the diabetic patient to refrain from taking sweets. Some people are fond of sweets if it comes before them they can't stop themselves from having it. I am not a fond of sweets at all. Even the best sweets don't attract me. Eating or not eating sweets depends on your taste and interest. I see many people around who are greedy for sweets, they rush to have sweets if they are offered it are given slight indication.
    Be indian and buy Indian.

It is your health and you have to be careful and maintain it properly. Others may not know about and they may offer food and other items as you are a guest to them. It is your responsibility to decide what to eat and what not to eat. If you tell the hosts politely that your health will not permit you to eat sweets they may also keep silent. So basically take a call yourself on this issue.
    One of my relatives was a chronic diabetic patient. But he was having a liking for sweets. Because of that, he suffered a lot and his family members also faced a lot of hardships. Finally, he demised because of the same problem.

drrao
    always confident

But the tempting sweets and its variety would induce us to taste some.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments