You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Creative Short Story writing contest

Here is a short story writing contest to put you all in the memory lane of your vacation times during summer! Write a creative, happy short story focused on Idioms and Phrases, maybe with a little mystery, a bit of wit, a touch of romance...nothing sad, though, as Summer times are meant for a happy vacation spent mostly with grandparents, friends, and relatives. All members, including editors, can submit entries for this contest.

What you have to do: Submit your story in English in Discussion Forums >> About India Study Channel >>creative Writing. Only one entry per member is allowed. Limit your story to 500 words (minimum 350 words.) The title should not be more than 10 words maximum. The story should end with a popular 'Idiom/ phrase' which is relevant to the story or a moral that can be derived out of it. For example, a Grandma narrates a story to her Grandchild and finally tells, "Slow and steady wins the race."

You can use conversations/dialogues in the text and incorporate other aspects of the nativity of the story as well. However, do not put anything inappropriate or against any community/religion. No slang or SMS words, please. You may, if you wish, give only one internal link to any page of ISC.

At the end of your story, please give a link to this announcement page. Once you submit your story, post a response in this thread with a link to your story for quick reference by the jury panel.

The First prize would carry 100 pts and cc, the second prize with 75 pts and cc, and the consolation prize winner to get 50 pts and cc. The number of prizes would be determined based on the receipt of entries for the contest.

The closing time of the contest would be 11.59 PM on 18th April'21.
    And the contest is on... Go ahead!
    [Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Please find my entry for the creative writing contest.

With family, every place becomes like heaven on the earth.

My entry for this contest is as follows -
    Make hay while the sun shines.

Knowledge is power.

Here is my entry for this contest:-
    friendship is a responsibility rather than opportunity

My entry for this contest-

Friendship never dies

https://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/175899-friendship-never-dies

My entry to the story writing contest:

A sibling bond never torn

Believe in the existence of God the super power.

This is my entry for the short story writing contest -
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Hi, my entry for the contest is as follows:

In search of a dog with two tails.

Regards
    Kamal

This is my entry for the contest
    Happy vacation at grandparent's place.

drrao
    always confident

My entry for the creative short story contest is :

Eternal love certainly succeeds

The site is functioning very slowly. Kindly give me some extra time.
    shampasaid

My entry for the creative short story contest is :

Eternal love certainly succeeds

As I informed you that the site was not opening. It was extremely slow and kept on trying for more than one hour but in vain. I finally posted the story for the contest one minute late. I request you to consider my story for the contest.

My submission:

Juicy vacation with the loved ones

shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.