You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Ramadan - the month of Liability Execution

Ramadan fasting is a month-long training for the servants of God to balance his obligations to his Creator, other equal creations, and nature. Ramadan fasting is also a perfect example of the interaction between the Creation and the Creator. The person who took this one-month-long fasting enables all the provisions and spiritual energy for the journey for the remaining eleven months.
    It gives one the courage and willpower to face life's trials with patience in any crisis of life. We believe that God shows mercy through this fasting practice for the development of body, mind, and spirit.
    The person who took this one-month-long fasting enables all the provisions and spiritual energy for the journey for the remaining eleven months.
    Ramadan is the 9th month in the Islamic calendar. It is a month of fasting for them. During this month every day from Sunrise to Sunset not eating any food is the custom in many Muslims. They take a meal before Sunrise and again they will eat only after the Sunset. During this fasting period, Muslims devote more of their time to prayer and acts of charity. They will also try for improving their self-discipline.
    They believe that during this entire month the gates of hell are closed and the gates of heaven are kept open. Their belief is that all the people who die during this period will go to heaven after their death. It is the general belief o Muslims that this fasting during this month makes them practice self-discipline, self-control and sacrifice. They help many poor people during this month who are starving for food.
    This year this Ramadan is observed from April 12th to May 12th. I wish a happy Ramadan month to all the members of ISC.

drrao
    always confident

Ramadan month is under progress and during this one month period the faiths would do lots of penance and seek applogy for the wrong done and on every rupee earned they have to divide into three parts, one for the family, one for the self and one for the others as donation which they call it as Zakat. It is true that one can afford to live lavishly can give to others but I have seen that even the poor would make some reach out program within his earnings. Thus I find this month a holy indeed as everyone would be God fearing and indulge in all sorts of good deeds. The very poor gets food and fruits besides the financial help. The whole month would be shopping spree and new clothes, new things are purchased for the great festivities in the coming month. The more the donations are given the more they earn the good deeds.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Attaining Taqwa (abstinence from sinning and disobedience) is the major objective of fasting in Ramadan as clarified by the Qur'an. God said, "O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous [muttaqun]."2 Fasting also teaches a person how to have taqwa because while one is fasting they are careful about all kinds of things. They watch what comes out of their mouth, what they look at, and all that they do. As a result, the person learns how to have a certain level of restraint regarding their actions. This helps them build their taqwa by making them watchful over everything that they do. As to the definition of taqwa, the clearest way to understand it is through the definition that was provided by Abu Hurayra (ra). Someone came to him and asked, "What is taqwa?" He responded by asking the man if he has ever walked through a thorny road. He said, "Yes." He asked, "What did you do?" He replied, "Whenever I saw thorns I would avoid them or adjust my clothes to keep them safe." Abu Hurayra told him, "That's taqwa."

Attaining Taqwa (abstinence from sinning and disobedience) is the major objective of fasting in Ramadan as clarified by the Qur'an. God said, "O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous [muttaqun]."2 Fasting also teaches a person how to have taqwa because while one is fasting they are careful about all kinds of things. They watch what comes out of their mouth, what they look at, and all that they do. As a result, the person learns how to have a certain level of restraint regarding their actions. This helps them build their taqwa by making them watchful over everything that they do. As to the definition of taqwa, the clearest way to understand it is through the definition that was provided by Abu Hurayra (ra). Someone came to him and asked, "What is taqwa?" He responded by asking the man if he has ever walked through a thorny road. He said, "Yes." He asked, "What did you do?" He replied, "Whenever I saw thorns I would avoid them or adjust my clothes to keep them safe." Abu Hurayra told him, "That's taqwa."

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.