You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Dravid, the best cricketer I have seen

Indians are very much fond of cricket. India produced many good cricketers. Tendulakar. Gavaskar, Ganguly, Visvanath and many more excellent cricketers are from India. But I like Rahul Dravid and in my opinion, he is the best cricketer of the era. Presently, he is the Director of Cricket Operations at National Cricket Academy, Bengaluru. He is one player who played for the team more than for his personal records. He has accepted the additional burden of the wicket-keeping when there was a need for the team. That is why we will not see many records against his name. As a captain of the team also he gave importance to the team's victory more than personal records for which he was criticised by many. We should have more players like Dravid. I like to know the opinion of other members.
    Wisdom India conducted a poll on social media to select the best batsman ever played in the Indian team. Total top 16 batsmen were on the list and the last four were, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Virat Kohli and Sunil Gavaskar. In the final Rahul Dravid was preferred to Sachin Tendulkar. It was not a decision of all Indians, so the fans of Virat and Sachin should. not. mind it.
    In my opinion, Rahul was the most difficult batsman to be dismissed in his era but I think Sunil Gavaskar was the biggest headache for bowlers. He faced and beat west indies' fast bowlers very easily. During his age, four permanent fast bowlers of the west indies team were too difficult to face but Sunil Gavaskar always performed well against them.
    Dhoni and Yuvraj were my favourite players in the Indian team. Virender Sehwag was the best-attacking batsman against all bowlers.
    Since the author is a fan of Rahul Dravid, I regard Dravid as a great batsman. He was a Wall for bowlers.

Rightly said by the author that Rahul Dravid has proved his mantle all through the game and his career and never lost his cool and played composed innings for the country and never aimed at creating records and gaining personal image. He has been closely watched by many International players for his patience and will to play any ball and thus his videos are watched by the opponent team bowlers as to how to bowl him out quickly. He always played good partnership with the team players and made them to make runs at the cost of his innings. That is not weakness, it is the great art to make others play and give stand for the partnership. This way he earned the good name and become he international player of great recognition and young players of India and abroad are learning his cool composed mentality while playing good innings.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Dravid was very good but at the moment my pick is Virat Kohli.

There have been many legends in Indian cricket and definitely Rahul Dravid is one of them. I remember when we were in our school life, we used to talk only about Pataudi and we used to listen the commentary only because we liked to hear his name. Then subsequently many good players emerged in the cricket arena of our country and we shifted our fan feelings from one to another and the list is quite long if not exhaustive.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments