You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Experiencing the word 'Orientation' on a different perspective.

How often did you believed that you could have done the job with more perfection than what you already came-up with? Do not you believe that this same would be the scenario when drafting a sentence or when communicating our thoughts on some peculiar platform. Sometimes we wonder of a word whether this already a perfect fit or this still needs to work on with the possible alternatives. The word 'Orientation' is having the same possibilities wherein this can also be used as a noun, adjective and verb while also being used in a generic sense like one's consciousness in relation to a particular subject or issue.

We have a long era of civilization and if you come to know that the word in discussion just evolved during the 19th century having derived from the word "Orient" than you got stuck in suspicion for some time, but this is what the internet search carries. And what if you got to know that the "orient" itself was discovered during 18th century?

On a different note, Orient is said to have derived from a Latin word "Oriens "which mean "east".

The Orient being a sophisticated & having a gentle meaning, this has been used heavily for the commercial purposes. I still remember one renowned brand, "Orient fan" of its time and as I studied marketing in post-graduation, I can presume the time and effort spent by the team and the management in finalizing the name. There is another one, "oriental bank of commerce".

On a broader perspective, the "Orientation" has much executed history in terms of its use on individual basis or on with other forms / associations. Just think on any specialized area and you will be wondering how come that this can be fit into any of those. For instance, this has been used frequently from arts and media to space science or from mathematics to medical fields. This has been remained the main focus of the advertisers and the marketing personnel while forming the future strategies or when in terms of modifying the already implemented strategies.

My entry for the TOW contest.
    The author has given how the word Orient evolved and its various forms and usages. I also know about Orient fan which we used in our house. The first fan I have purchased was an orient fan only. A good narration from the author.
    drrao
    always confident

Word orientation and it's evolving history has been narrated very beautifully. With passage of time word has been used in different ways and manner and every time it's reformed then the previous one. A good effort in collecting history of word and much informative.

The author has connected how the self probing can bother us to change and refined thoughts as think about more definite and super performance than what envisaged.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments