You must Sign In to post a response.
Love fruits? Join in for a fun game to create a super bowl of fruit!
  • Category: Amusement

Fruit Treat - let's create a super colourful, yummy bowl of fruits!

A bowl of fruit is always a healthy dish to enjoy, and what better time to do so than during the searing hot months of summer! So here's the start of our summer camp activities, with a fruit treat.

Remember the childhood game that goes like this - you sit in a circle with your friends. You start the game by saying 'I went to the market and bought three small orange carrots'. The next person says, 'I went to the market and bought three carrots, and a large brinjal'. The third person continues with, 'I went to the market and bought three carrots, a large brinjal, and a small bunch of mint leaves.' The fourth person may add something wholly different, like 'I went to the market and bought three carrots, a large brinjal, a small bunch of mint leaves, and a frying pan for my mother.' The aim of this game is to be 100% accurate in saying out what the others before you have said + adding your own purchase with the word 'and'. Thus, you cannot just say 'mint leaves' or 'a frying pan' but must also say 'a small bunch' for the former and 'for my mother' for the latter.

Similarly, we are going to make a super bowl of fruit. I will start with the first response. Each member should submit one response, adding only one thing at a time, and after the first eight responses, you can then submit a second response. However, there must not be more than two responses per member. You can be creative and innovative in what you are adding to the bowl of fruit, but, at the same time, it should be something that can be actually eaten and be part of the ultimate dish for everyone to enjoy. Hence, don't add any weird stuff! Once you add something, please do not change it as the next person after you may already be typing out a response mentioning what you added. Note that you should not keep on putting the word 'and'. Only when making your own addition, you should put 'and'. You can see from the market example that the word and is not added in-between all the previous purchases, but only for the last one.

[Note- This is not a reward program]
    Let's begin with our super fruit treat (put a comma at the end of your response) -

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple,

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, and eight large sliced strawberries,
    Regards
    Kamal

That's a good start! I have updated the instructions in the text to mention that a member should add only one thing at a time.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, and a large pomegranate deseeded,

Dr Deepali - please read the instructions. In your sentence, 'and' should not be put for the second addition, but for your own. What we are doing is putting in continuity, with the 'and' as a reference only for one's own addition.

Thankyou so much ma'am for telling my mistake. Now I have corrected it.

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded and a small bunch of coriander leaves,

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves and a few seedless grapes.

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, and a few cubed of fresh pineapple,

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple and a few pieces of tasty mango fruit.
    drrao
    always confident

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit and a handful of cashewnuts.

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, and a few wedges of pears.
    Knowledge is power.

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a few wedges of pears and six in number seedless dates .
    No life without Sun

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, few wedges of pears and chopped kaka fruit
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

I have noticed few additions to the Bowl is skipped because may be two members are writing the response at the same time by taking the previous entries in mind.
    Regards
    Kamal

Three members forgot to write 'a handful of cashew nuts in their response.

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a few wedges of pears, six in number seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit and two guavas.

This activity proves that members (a) skim over text (b) follow the herd. One member missed out one thing, everyone after him simply copy-pasted from his response and continued without checking. See the importance of reading things carefully! Interesting to see dates and cashewnuts added to the mix.

I'll put things back on track in the next response and you can continue from there...just pause a second...

Here's the fruit bowl up to now (wonder if the mix is suitable for digestion!) with the next addition from me -

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubes of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, and three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream.

Did I leave out anything?

[note that I have corrected English in Swati's and Sun's entries]

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubes of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, and half cup sweet black cherries.

By the way, I did not quite know what is kaka fruit, so looked up images on Google to identify it.

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubes of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, half cup sweet black cherries and a few cut pieces of watermelon.
    drrao
    always confident

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubes of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream,half cup sweet black cherries,a few cut pieces of watermelon and one ounce of shredded gouda cheese,
    Regards
    Kamal

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubes of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, half cup sweet black cherries, a few cut pieces of watermelon and slices of Sweet-tart Star Fruit.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Varghese,

I think you were typing your response at the same time as Kamal Kishore. Please include the cheese before your addition.

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, and eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six in number seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, half cup sweet black cherries, a few cut pieces of watermelon, one ounce of shredded gouda cheese, slices of Sweet-tart Star Fruit and a few pinches of black salt,
    shampasaid

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, and eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six in number seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, half cup sweet black cherries, a few cut pieces of watermelon, one ounce of shredded gouda cheese, slices of Sweet-tart Star Fruit, a few pinches of black salt and sprinkle some dried coconut powder.

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, and eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six in number seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, half cup sweet black cherries, a few cut pieces of watermelon, one ounce of shredded gouda cheese, slices of Sweet-tart Star Fruit, a few pinches of black salt, sprinkled some dried coconut powder and poured 50 ml pure honey.
    No life without Sun

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, and eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six in number seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, half cup sweet black cherries, a few cut pieces of watermelon, one ounce of shredded gouda cheese, slices of Sweet-tart Star Fruit, a few pinches of black salt, sprinkled some dried coconut powder , poured 50 ml pure honey and add some pieces of banana

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, and eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubed of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six in number seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, half cup sweet black cherries, a few cut pieces of watermelon, one ounce of shredded gouda cheese, slices of Sweet-tart Star Fruit, a few pinches of black salt, sprinkled some dried coconut powder, poured 50 ml pure honey, add some pieces of banana and some blueberries on top of ice cream.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Thank you everyone for participating in contributing to this fruit treat and it is time for service-

In a big blue bowl I put in one large diced red apple, eight large sliced strawberries, a large pomegranate deseeded, a small bunch of coriander leaves, a few seedless grapes, a few cubes of fresh pineapple, a few pieces of tasty mango fruit, a handful of cashew nuts, a few wedges of pears, six seedless dates, chopped kaka fruit, two guavas, and three small scoops of Tutti Frutti ice cream, half cup sweet black cherries, a few cut pieces of watermelon, one ounce of shredded gouda cheese, slices of Sweet-tart Star Fruit, a few pinches of black salt, a sprinkling of dried coconut powder, 50 ml pure honey, some pieces of banana, and some blueberries on top of ice cream.

I placed the bowl in the center of the table and smaller bowls with golden spoons for Kamal Kishore, Dr Deepali, Dr Sanchita, Sobha Wilson, Swati Sharma, Dr Rao, Sushma Mewundi, Umesh, Sun, Varghese, Arafatuzzafar, Shampa Sadhya, Dev Arora, and Syed Rizwan to enjoy together (and one for me of course).

It was yummy, with the taste of the different fruits bursting with flavours in each spoonful!

Yes, really it was too yummy. Thankyou so much ma'am for this delicious fruit bowl treat. It was amazing.

Wah! What a yummy fruit bowl. My tongue started watering to taste the dish. After this sweet dish, let us have some spicy dish.
    No life without Sun

Wow! the fruit bowl was amazing! I love how yummy and colorful this fruit bowl is with all the fresh fruits. Thank you for the fruit treat.
    Regards
    Kamal

It was a wonderful activity to eat all the fruits and specially with honey. The important aspect is without paying we could relish the essence and flavours. Thank you for the fruit treat.
    Lead the leader

Locking this thread now to make way for the next activity.
    'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.