Knowledge is power.
Many people put on the fans and lights and never put them off even though they are not required. One should always make the habit of putting off all the electric appliances when they are not required. The importance of any time will be known only when it is not available to you.
like some peanuts and as such they avoid such attempts. They forget that such savings could result in more electrification in some of dwelling units which are struggling to get this privilege.
When the fan and Bulb-light are on, do they turn off when you leave the room for drinking water or any other necessary things else? No. The answer to that is: " I am coming back there now itself? Then why turn off the fan and the light?" Isn't this reaction is an example of how everyone is not ready to fulfill their responsibility? If it takes 5 minutes for the drinking water to come out and it continues a minimum of 6 times per day, it means that both devices worked for half an hour (5 minutes X 6 times per day=30 minutes) without any use. Add 60 watts of fan and 40 watts of light equals 100 watts-hour. It loses one and a half units of power every half hour for 30 days - without any use.
So it is a lesson that everyone should remember and teach their children.
small drops make a mighty ocean
K Mohan @ Moga
'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
Lead the leader
Besides the savings out of this follow-up, some mishaps can be avoided. A neighbor of our earlier house was a bank employee and her husband was a government employee. Their son was in other State on employment. This lady used to keep the plug point of the Mixie in the kitchen in the socket itself and off the switch only in the board and not in the mixie. One day she did cooking and went to bank as usually. A lizard went over the switch of the mixie connected socket, the mixie start functioning. By hearing the mixie running sound, the people residing in the ground floor of the house, thought that the lady would not have gone to bank on that day. But after some hours the mixie overheated and burst out and kitchen start got firing. By hearing this noice the ground floor people immediately called the fire service and phoned to the couple. This is small matter but leads to a great loss.