You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Akshaya Tritiya is just around the corner so, what are your plans to buy on this auspious day?

Akshaya Tritiya is a very auspicious day that come on teej according to Hindu mythology and generally comes in the month of may every year. On this day buying gold is very much recommended and people used to say this is the second day after Diwali which is good for shopping. Let comment down your plans of the day and let celebrate this festival on a happy note in this crisis situation.
    I am sure none of the people is going to purchase gold this time as the very survival is at stake and there is danger perceived to go out and invite the virus. For the people health first and celebration next. Moreover the gold rates are not that attractive to go for investment now in jewels. Though the shop owners are waiting for the regular customers to buy at least gold coins on the occasion , but that would be postponed as the very situation warrants no extravagant purchases right now and what ever one has the money should be for the basic necessity and the near future requirements for the health. Gone are the years when the people used to plan for big purchase on Akshaya thrithiya and the craze for gold was more. Now the modern girls are preferring gold less jewels and that makes parents to think more on the matter.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Shubham, welcome to this educational and knowledge sharing portal. Akshaya thrithiya is the occasion where generally people go for buying of precious things like Gold as symbol of prosperity and well being. Unfortunately, this time as we are going through a very difficult situation of pandemic spread so people will not be prepared mentally to do such indulgences and moreover markets are also not open and even if open they are only opening for a short period and it is better not to go there and create crowd. Anyway, those who want to celebrate this ritual can very well go for online buying of gold in material or demat shape as those schemes are also very popular nowadays and Govt also comes up with gold bonds time to time. So, that could be a better alternative to observe the traditions on this auspicious day.
    Knowledge is power.

Who recommended buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya? It is just a promotional attempt by the gold lobby in India. Actually, Akshaya Tritiya is believed to bring unending prosperity and so people have been following the practice of buying something worthwhile that would add up to their material wealth. It need not necessarily be gold, it can be property also or anything that would fit in your pocket. And to be frank, you need not buy anything at all. You can immerse yourself in prayers, observe a fast and indulge in some charity as part of the celebration.

Keeping in mind the present pandemic situation, I would suggest charity as the best option to observe this festival because that would give you inner peace and assert your mental prosperity.

'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Akshaya Tritiya is a festival that may be celebrated all over the country but the ways of celebrating it vary in local form. As far as my local area is concerned, we do not buy anything special on this day, rather marriages of mud doll are made. This festival is a bit more special in my family because there is a temple of Lord Shiva at my house and on this day we all play the wedding game by worshiping the same. When I was younger, I used to decorate dolls myself, but now my niece and nephew do this work together. We all make a team in the family, some from the groom's side and some from the bride's side, also take out this procession, a small procession from the roof of the house to the courtyard in front of the temple. Along with this, my mother and father were also married on Akshaya Tritiya according to Hindu date, so both of them also do Abhishek of Lord Shiva on this day. In general, more people came to our home because they used to offer all the worship in the temple, but last year and this year also we will celebrate with the family only due to pendemic. Since my family is a big joint family, so every festival becomes special on its own.

It is a time set to do gold business by the jewellers through astrologers. People who have enough money can buy gold for all the 365 days. This day is to attract the common people to spend their hard earned money on jewells. This day flourishes the jewellers drawers with money. I really dont have any faith on this day. A rubbish day to fool the people and earn money.
    No life without Sun

By the way gold purchasing should be a liesure pleasure act and that should not be done urgently as it is the property we are purchasing and any urgency would lead to wrong or fooling.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

With money, all these festivals came to light. During the 1980s and the 1990s, no one heard about this Akshaya Tritiya. Many people used to purchase minimum gold that to only when there is a need like marriage or some other function in the house. Those days money was not available and rich people are very less. So we never heard about such an event. These days money is not a constraint for many. So they go for all these. As far as my knowledge goes no Sastra told that one has to purchase gold on this particular day.
    This year the country is in a very bad position. Going out is very dangerous. So no one should venture to go to purchase Gold on the same day. Going to these shops is very dangerous. We don't know who is coming there and what is his health condition. So I advise all the ladies not to go out for these issues. Please be inside the house and celebrate the festival the way you wanted without inviting anybody and without going anywhere. If everything is alright we will get another Akshaya Tritiya next year.

drrao
    always confident

The business community adopt various methods to dispose of their stock. Astrologers help them with false information to have the items sold.
    Eg. Generally Red coloured sarees doesn't get sold. They pile up in textile go downs and textile shops. The astrologers would say that offering a red colour saree to their sisters would increase the bond between the brothers and sisters.

In the same manner, green and yellow sarees too get stocked up without sale. The same tactics is adopted to get the items sold. One would say that presenting yellow colour sarees to mothers and aunties would flourish their relationship.

What a business tactics, Yaar!

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments