You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Regarding writing article

Hello ma'am
    Recently I wrote two articles. Both got rejected.I am writing article on ISC for learning purpose. If sentence related problem and grammatical error happens then I accept It. In case of my article, I always face problem regarding not giving correct official link. Editor always comment regarding this. I don't have much knowledge regarding computer. So, I request you to help me in giving correct official link and change the status of my article. As said by many people, this is very friendly site. So, you help me in giving correct official link rather than deleting my article. I work hard for writing my article. If it is deleted then It goes waste. Nowadays, many website not opening, whereas, It is already discussed in adveritsement. I try hard to give correct official link but always confusion happens. Here are my article:
    1. HDFC parivartan ecss scholarship 2021-2022
    2.Dr Abdul kalam scholarship for medical and engineering aspirants.
    Dr Sanchita,

What is happening is that you are taking information from third-party sites, meaning not from the official website. Let me give an example- XYZ Foundation is offering a scholarship. You see the information about the scholarship at PQR website. You give the website of PQR, which is spamming (promoting the third party). You are instructed to give the official website and you give the website of XYZ Foundation. However, at this site, if the editor cannot find the information about the scholarship, then it means it cannot be authenticated, which means we cannot put up an article at ISC with unverified content. Also, if a website does not open even in different browsers, then the editor once again cannot verify the content.

I completely understand your frustration at working on an article only to have it deleted. Do understand that we need to follow the Webmaster's guidelines and you were earlier also clearly instructed to provide the correct site and not sites like buddy, etc.

The bottom line is - if the official website does not show the details, then just don't submit it.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Umesh - please note that Dr Sanchita is not asking for guidance on the usage of HTML tags for giving links.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Ma'am,
    My both article is related with scholarship. Both are reputed scholarship. I think the official website is there. Once you can check and help me so that next time I could easily trace any scholarship related site. Some time editor suggests me to give an external link also. So, I am very confused about this matter. Pls, check once.

Dr Sanchita,

Let me explain in more detail-

1. For the Dr Abdul Kalam Scholarship you have given the buddy site. Even the contact phone number is of this portal. How can we accept it?

2. For the HDFC scholarship you have given the URL of HDFC, but at that page, there is a general overview but no details about what you have mentioned in the article, such as the amount, the min. marks required, and the documents to be uploaded. That information appears only through the 'apply here' link. That once again leads to the buddy website which is a listing platform for scholarships. Over there, they also clearly state "The detailed information regarding any scholarship can be gathered from the official website of scholarship providers." That is exactly what we are indicating in our articles at ISC. Even if we don't put text such as 'Students are advised to check the official website for updates', by giving an external link to the official website or even just the URL, we are providing an authentic source.

So you see, we just cannot accept the buddy site, and, similarly, the link you gave at the very end for your HDFC scholarship article because, that again, is spam. You are welcome to submit articles on scholarships but rely on the original sources only. For example, if an NGO is offering a scholarship, give the NGO's website as the source. If a university is offering a scholarship, give the university portal as the source.

Let me know if you require further guidance.

Ma'am,
    Will you change my article status for making require correction? Will you give me one more chance?

deleted.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Vandana:
    Thanks for pointing out. I have again gone through the post. Now I get the point.

Knowledge is power.

I accept the status of my article is in the 'deleted 'category. I'm not saying to change Its status. Is there any official website for this article? I'm just asking for my knowledge. Can you tell me? I had seen an advertisement for this scholarship in the 'Hindu' newspaper. That's why I planned to write an article on it. If you can find out then try to find the official website and link to my both article. Pls, give knowledge in the forum section. My intend is to gain knowledge only. I'm obliged to this site from where I learned a lot since joining the first day.

Dr Sanchita, generally in the newspaper they will mention the website from where one can get the detailed information as everything cannot be expressed in that small advertisement space. It is surprising to see that there is no link there where you can go and also mention it in your article. In such a case what can be done is that you make a search in Google or any other good search engine the name of the office or other keywords and it will take you there and once you know the www/http: address of the website the job becomes simple. If you want more help in the matter then after seeing the advertisement in Hindu, we can also try to find it. What was the date of Hindu newspaper when it was published? Can you upload the image here if ISC permits? Generally the information is authenticated by going to the website only. For example when we submit some details about a school or college then we have to mention the website from where we have taken that information. Today web is full of so many false and misleading information and it is imperative that authentication is to be done before publishing it in a reputed site.
    Knowledge is power.

Umesh sir, here I'm giving details of newspaper from where I wrote this article:-
    Newspaper Name- THE HINDU
    Date- 12 April 2021, Monday
    Heading of the page-Education plus
    Article- HDFC Bank parivartan's Ecs scholarship
    Details of the second article:-
    Newspaper- THE HINDU
    Date- 19 April 2021, Monday
    Heading of the page- Education plus
    Article- Dr Abdul kalam scholarship for Medical/Engineering Aspirants
    Can I send a pic of the newspaper where It has been advertised? Is it allowed on this website or not? I think the above details is sufficient for checking the website.

Dr Sanchita,

You can take information from any source, but when putting up the content here, it is mandatory in the case of admissions, scholarships, etc to provide the official website. Now you have stated that you have taken details from the article. There is no point in giving us the image here in the forum. You check for yourself - have they mentioned the official website or a third-party one?

As Umesh also rightly stated, it is for you to check online and locate the official source. That is what I do, too. When I see a print advt. for an admission notification, I right away check if the official website giving in the advt. is correct and obtain all information from that site only.

Ma'a m,
    I searched a lot for the official link for my article. The official link already I discussed in my article.

Yes Dr Sanchita, I did see that source in your article but see what I stated in #729897 in point no.2. I will do one thing. I will refer it to Tony Sir and discuss it with him.

Dr Sanchita,

After a discussion with Tony Sir, he has permitted approval of both the articles, with an external link of the relevant HTML tags as per his instructions.

Please note a few things, though -
    1. Henceforth we will not permit such articles that have this particular or any other third-party source. We will simply delete with no further instructions. Just avoid submitting anything if you cannot provide the official source to authenticate instead of merely taking information from print/online sources and putting it up here.

2. Whenever you give a list of something (such as documents), please use numbered HTML tags and avoid asterisk symbols or just numbers. It provides for a neater presentation.

Let me know if you require any further clarifications.

Thank you ma'am, I will try to follow all guidelines during writing articles.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.