You must Sign In to post a response.
Love patterns and shapes? Take a photo, caption it, earn!
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Geometric Patterns and Shapes - take a photo, caption it

Here's our next Summer Camp activity! Around us, we can see lots of geometric patterns and shapes. Now geometric patterns comprise of geometric shapes, while a shape is basically a form. So let's capture them in interesting ways and caption them as well.

What you have to do: Take a photo of something in the interior of your home (or wherever you are currently residing) that has geometric patterns in it and pair it with something else that has a shape. You can place things on top of, below, behind alongside, however you want it. You also need to give a caption for the photo.

Photo - Should be innovative. No weapons (not even toy ones), medicines, pets, garments that are worn (general fabric or cloth is fine), and no indecent objects.

Caption - Should be creative, capturing what's depicted in the photo, given in a single line or two lines, but not excessively lengthy.

There are no prizes. Points and cc of a maximum up to 10 may be given as per quality, judged by myself and non-participating editors.

Last date to submit entries: 12th May 2021. Please do not change the photo or the caption once you submit it, but you are permitted to correct errors in English in the caption.
    I thought by now at least two to three entries would have come in. Is it very complicated? Shall I change it to something simpler? Do let me know.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

This does not appear too difficult to search geometrical figures in one's house but time will be a factor for that. As more members are participating in the contests nowadays, I would request the ME to consider if possible to extend last date for this contest.
    Knowledge is power.

Thanks, Umesh for your feedback. Let us see what other members have to say, too, about the theme. The date I can extend, that is not a problem.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My photo is shared as attachment, and my caption is- "My water-bottle's tummy - twin of my mirror.

Delete Attachment

I am having such kind of activity for the first time. So if it is wrong then please tell me.

My caption - "Sweet Square Sweet(SSS)"
    Attaching a square that is the paper weight held at home. I am pairing it with a sweet dish that is "Kadalai Mittai" in Tamil. The dish is made of ground nuts and jaggery and it is square in shape.
    Image attached.

No life without Sun

sweet-square.docx

Delete Attachment

Deleted
    No life without Sun

sweet-square.docx

Delete Attachment

Acupressure ball in one hand and dice on the other, Life will become more healthy and happier!
    Regards
    Kamal

Delete Attachment

Vandana Ma'am,

Yes, it's a little bit difficult but we can try our level best to find out the best unique patterns, I feel the last date of submission should be extended if you and jury of the contest also agree with this. By doing so we will find more innovative ideas.

I have changed the closing date to the 12th, so take your time to find something unique.

Sun- where is the photo? It should not be deleted once submitted.

Golden Memories of Gathering. All is Lost
    Lighted to Lighten

Delete Attachment

Caption - Earth is in a lot of pain, only we can reduce its pain, like a warm bag, also by supporting each other.

Delete Attachment

You can't go outside and no others can't go inside. It is room quarantine at home. The teapoy table with a cup and lid denotes the way of giving food to the inmates.
    "Cheruthulli Peruvellam"
    small drops make a mighty ocean

Door-closed-with-teapoy.jfif

Delete Attachment

Photo attached.
    "Cheruthulli Peruvellam"
    small drops make a mighty ocean

Door-closed-with-teapoy.jfif

Delete Attachment

Trying to upload my photo again. Sweet Square Sweet (SSS)
    No life without Sun

Delete Attachment

Caption:
    The doll caged in a laced box.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Delete Attachment

My entry is attached herewith.
    Caption is - Writer's table.

Knowledge is power.

Delete Attachment

Caption:
    Remote with battery

Delete Attachment

My Entry:
    My geometric pattern makeup kit and a nail paint: A reason to smile.

Delete Attachment

Caption:

The haloed national bird of India

shampasaid

Delete Attachment

Thanks to the 11 participants for their entries.

We got some interesting photos, but in some entries when the photo was good, the caption somehow was a miss or vice-versa. For future reference, note that a caption for a photo should not merely mean a literal explanation of what is in the photo. As mentioned in the announcement, it should be something creative.

Congratulations to all the participants. I am not able to participate in this because of some other activities in which I was busy. An interesting contest and well participated by members. I expect some more like this in the coming months.
    drrao
    always confident

Thanks for giving cash credit and points for giving the photo and caption using geometric patterns and shapes, the second Summer Camp activity. Congratulations to all other participants
    Lighted to Lighten

Thank you so much for the cash credit and points announced by the editors, it was a nice to experience to be a part of this contest. My healrty congratulations to all the participants.

Very nice contest and enjoyed by me and every participant. Thank you for giving cash credits and additional points. Such summer activities are really helping to cure psychological stress in the time of lockdown. Congratulations to all prize winners.

We all feel very happy to participate in the activities of the summer camps organized by ISC. My congratulations to all participants who got enhanced cc and points. My sincere thanks to the editor for bringing such fun activities and for the points as well as cash rewards.
    Regards
    Kamal

This was an interesting activity. Participation was also quite good and I also enjoyed the activity. Some members have contributed in a nice creative way and hearty congratulations for their good work recognised by ISC.
    Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.