You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Need to refine and redefine categories under various sections

A need to re-define or refine the categories and sub-categories is felt by ISC members since long. Once in a while a few suggestions and forums posts in this regard have come up also.
    The categories and sub-categories need updating and more refinement.

For example in Ask Experts section there is no category for mobile phones or smart phones. Earlier also I faced similar problem and somehow included the post under computers (hardware or software or networking as the case may be related somehow).

Today I posted a question in Ask expert section. It relates to video call using a mobile phone. There is no proper category available.

Like this I used to face in many sections even when posting content.

So I suggest ISC invite suggestions, even as a contest, for updating categories and sub categories so that postings can be made more in tune with present realities.
    I agree with the author. There is a need for the same. Recently there are some revisions in the Forum section. A new category has been created called India and in subcategories, all the states are given. Now when we post certain aspects pertaining to a state we are getting into that subcategory and posting. Like this ISC is proactive and do changes.
    We can create many categories and subcategories. But the main thrust of the site is education, they may concentrate more there.

drrao
    always confident

Thanks to the author for suggesting refine and redefine our categories in various section and it speaks must because over the period of time ISC has developed leap and bounds and categorization is needed to have the specific matters or the issues be raised and posted. In forum also much is being posted in the misc and instead various categories can be introduced. I think our webmaster is open to the new ideas and new innovations through which the can be poised to further heights. There can be one section for entertainment and jokes so that we get relaxed after hectic writing and hecting sharing.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Venkiteswaran,

Ever since Tony Sir announced that ISC is moving towards the new niche on academics, we have had regular discussions with him about various sections. One of these discussions focused on our Ask Expert section and since the emphasis should be more on academics, it is possible that the categories would be fewer rather than increased in due course of time (this likely being some months down the line). There may also be similar changes coming up in other sections as well.

As of now, queries related to phones can be placed in the Technology category of 'Science and Technology'. You can see some queries already in that category. Hope that resolves the issue for you.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

K Mohan,

As an active forum participant, you will be surely aware that we do have a category for jokes, namely - Discussion Forums >> Entertainment >> Amusement

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

ME, Vandana, I accept your reply vide your post#730665.
    The thread can be closed now.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.