You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

General updates on various features

We would like to inform members of a few general things for which some work has been going on in the background.

1. The technical glitch in FAQ submissions has been fixed and we are now able to review them in a smooth manner. For those not aware of this feature that was introduced a year ago, please refer: Introducing FAQ feature in ISC.

For this feature, note that when submitting a FAQ, you should not submit something that is repeating information already provided in the main text. Secondly, do not submit an irrelevant FAQ. Thirdly, keep it concise within two to three sentences and put them in proper sentence format rather than listing them as points and numbering them.

2. A few of you had expressed your eagerness to update text in a course that was submitted on a college page. You can now start updating the content of even a course that you submitted in earlier years through the edit button, and it will come up in our queue of edits. However, note that there is no feature to allow you to add content to a course submitted by another member as this creates the problem of crediting the points and cc to you.

3. In the articles section, the admin. has re-arranged the filters. Now you should not select any category from the first box of 'Filter Categories'. Simply select the category that is appropriate for your article from 'Choose a Category'.

Let us know if you have any queries or concerns related to the above.
    It is nice to see that many issues are sorted out and of course improving and updating a site in terms of its software code is a herculean job and requires robust coding expertise, I hope that time to time we will be getting more and more features updated. In particular, I want to show my appreciation for the resolution of the course editing (the one which a member had partially submitted earlier) which had intrigued me much when I started contributing in that interesting and important section. Thanks.
    Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.