You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

A Twinkling Star that shines beyond the orbit of our telescopes

We have a lot of very active members whom we see participating in the forum, answering AE queries, submitting articles, posting jobs, and so on. They are thus, so to say, in our direct line of vision. From time to time we reward, them, too, with one for our prestigious awards. One of these awards is the Twinkling Star, which recognizes "the value added to ISC" and comes with a cash reward of Rs.250/-. It is not necessarily the case that this would be awarded only to actual contributions to various sections. After all, there are others who work behind the scenes and add value, too, to ISC. It would be good to reward them as well!

It is time to award one of our hard-working editorial team members who has added great value to ISC. Padmini has done stellar work in our courses section.

Here's an overview of her effort- Over 95% of the courses were not having a 'Group'. This meant the possibility of visitors going to a particular Group of courses, not finding the specific course they were looking for, and thereby exiting the site. For example, if you visited the Group of B.A. courses, you would not have found B.A. Tourism Studies, because this course did not have the link to that Group (now it does).

What Padmini has been working on since way back in September 2020, is to ensure that every single course had a Group linked to it by selecting the relevant option from the editing page. It may sound easy, mind you, but it was a mammoth task, considering the tons of courses we have, not to mention how monotonous this work is. Yet, she carried it through with complete dedication once she was assigned this work (alongside her other regular edits), and also corrected the titles of some of the courses along the way, where the acronym was not correctly put. It continues to be a work in progress, since now and then we may come across a course that is not slotted into a Group, but this is a rare case.

Let us applaud the exceptional commitment and efforts of this Twinkling Star and may her light always shine through, no matter how distant it is from the orbit of our telescopes. Thank you, Padmini for adding value to ISC.
    Congratulations Padmini for winning the Twinkling Star award. Your work is very much appreciated and you deserve the award. I wish and hope you will continue your good work and win many more awards in the coming months. I wish her all the best.
    drrao
    always confident

Hearty congratulations to Padmini on this well-deserved recognition! The time and effort she has put in to streamline and add value to the Courses section with strong determination and passionate commitment are indeed inspiring and worth replicating. Glad to note that the contributions made to the site behind the screen have been recognised. Congratulations once again to the Twinkling Star and hope you will continue with the same zeal and spirit.
    'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Congrats to Padmini for winning the twinkling star of the award and the citation and mentions by Managing editor proved that you have performed beyond your potential and truly deserves this award. You will be standing as the testimony and example for new and other members who want to creat a niche in this site and there is whole lots of possibilities open to every one. And what is more to hear about you that contributions done behind the screen and that is recognised by the site. We are blessed to have a perfoming member amidst us. Once again accept my wholesome appreciation for your good work.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My hearty congratulations to Padmini for winning this prestigious award. You truly deserve this Twinkling Star Award.
    Lighted to Lighten

Congratulations Padmini for the twinkling start recognition. We know that members, editors, and webmasters are working behind the scenes of the website all the time to add more value to the ISC. We all know that the course section is one of the most valuable assets of ISC. We all appreciate your hard work and the time you have used to make the course section more valuable. Keep going and many more awards are coming your way.
    Regards
    Kamal

We all work but when it comes to massive projects and voluminous work then only a few are capable to reach those heights. I think as per the background of the work given in this post Padmini was able to complete a mammoth task in the background of course which has now made the searching of a course easy and to be identified under its category. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
    Knowledge is power.

My hearty congratulations to Padmini for her excellent contributions to ISC and winning this award.

Hearty congratulations to Padmini, the twinkling star, for her award. Keep it up!
    shampasaid

Congratulations to Padmini for winning the twinkling star award. You contribution to ISC is truly commendable. I wish you all the best.

Hearty congrats to shining Twinkling star award winner Padmini. No doubt, Padmini is a star that always twinkles. Our ISC Padmini is a very hard working lady behind the screen as CD. ISC has recognized the right person for the right award. May God Bless Padmini.
    No life without Sun

Congratulations to Padmini for getting the well deserved "Twinkling Star " award.
    I wish her more laurels and am sure her contributions to ISC will continue as steady and consistent as it was and is.

Congratulations to Padmini mam for winning this prestigious award. May she continue as a ISCian with such good efforts and hard work.

Congratulations Padmini for this prestigious award.

A hearty congratulations to twinkling star Padmini Ma'am, ISC, really appreciate your contribution to this site and your work is truely commendable. I wish you will get many more rewards from ISC in the future too. All the best!

Hearty congratulations to Madam Padmini for her sustained contributions to ISC especially in the course segment and winning this twinkling star award. I wish her to earn more such accolades in future.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Congratulations to Padmini Ma'am for winning the twinkling star award for her excellent contribution to ISC.

Congratulations Padmini for winning the twinkling star award for your efforts put in for the sections as mentioned in the post. It is your hard work and dedication that won the hearts of the jury and the admin. Keep up the good work.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Thank you everyone for your wishes and kind words of appreciation. I actually did not expect this award as for me whatever I did was a task allotted to me being an editor. Although it was a big task it went on smoothly just because of the support and guidance of Vandana Ma'am.
    So, I would like to thank her for this award.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

Padmini,

This thread's applause is reserved solely for you. Credit should go where it is due. You carried through the responsibility, so kudos to you.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My hearty congratulations to Padmini for getting the Twinkling star award. This will definitely bring a lot of interest to contribute more to ISC.
    Regards
    Rizwan

The cash reward to the winner has been credited.
    'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Hearty congratulations to Padmini on winning the well deserved 'twinkling Star'' award. You are a hardworking and silent performer; of course, a true Star of ISC too!
    Regards,
    Jagdish

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.