You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Feeding the poor should be priority number one

No philosophy like "positivity" can substitute food, when a man is hungry. Or a woman is hungry. It pains me to see dozens of poor people virtually waiting for someone to help them. They are all casual labourers. They do not have any roots in the city they now work in. This includes vast multitudes of the Hindiwallahs who are totally uneducated and know only Hindi.

Today, the lockdowns in every State has depleted their savings. There are no trains to go back home. While the middle classes can somehow survive, the poor cannot survive at all. They need all help. I distributed some twenty biscuit packets recently and they just grabbed it. They were really so hungry, it seemed. We need community kitchens everywhere, for at least the next twelve months. The "positivity" brigade can help a great deal. we need real action.
    Please don't repeat topics that have already been discussed. And I don't think casual labourers are in such a pitiable state as to grab some biscuit packets out of your hands. Avoid unnecessary exaggerations in this situation.
    'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.