You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Anyone still facing problems on the ISC site?

Members,

Three days later, when the ISC site came back, it was the happiest moment for all members, but are there still some problems on the site? According to my experience of the last two days, the speed of the site has decreased slightly and today there are some issues related to the points as well. At first, I thought that maybe there is a problem with my network but, when I check on other sites, the speed is normal. Please tell me your experience, do you also have some server-related problems or do I need to check at my own level?
    Yesterday in the morning time, I had some problem of speed accessing to the ISC site as it was taking considerably longer time than usual. I struggled for some more time and then logged out. So, I switched to other site incidentally to one of the sister site of ISC only and found no such problem there. Anyway I did some work there and in the afternoon again came back to the ISC site and found that there was no such issue afterwards and since that time I am using ISC site in a normal way as it was before the crash. Sometimes there are some factors related to local networking and Wi-Fi and once that is resolved or the signal strength becomes normal, everything becomes alright.
    Knowledge is power.

After a three-day lockdown, it sometimes seems that the ISC is facing minor problems - which could be the aftermath of that big disaster. In addition to the speed issue, it is doubtful whether some other languages ??(web languages) are coming through. The reason I say suspicious is that I can't tell if they belong to my computer or my internet connection. [On that three days also I suspected that the problem is with my internet connection. On the last day only I came to understand that the problem is with the site of ISC.]

Anyway, let's just say it's not like the last three days' lockdown. This can be creating difficulties for those who work on this site continuously for more time a day. Therefore, the responsible officers are requested to consider these matters and make necessary changes in the required centers and try to make only the charges which give priority to data security.

"Cheruthulli Peruvellam"
    small drops make a mighty ocean

Glad to see that the date and time issue has been fixed but the point table need to be given a look. The points reflected in My points and Today points creates confusing.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Looks like a new problem has cropped up, with content submitted not showing in the section under new submissions, or under new posts. I am putting this response to test.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Till yesterday afternoon the site was very slow and not getting connected easily. It is taking a long time. Even after getting connected, it is getting disconnected in between. Automatically I was getting logged out and I have to log in again. So yesterday morning I logged out and worked in the evening only. From evening the site is working normally. There are no problems.
    There is a difference in date and time on the site. The date now it is showing is 29th instead of 28th. The time difference is 12 hours. But this will not cause any problem for our working. From today morning the site is perfectly alright without any issue.

drrao
    always confident

Yes, there was a problem yesterday. It was a bit slow in the morning and in the afternoon I was unable to log in so informed Tony Sir and it seems there was again a server problem, but something minor and it could be fixed quickly. Just now when I was checking forum threads, by mistake a click on an ad resulted in five tabs opening of that ad. Quite strange!

Tony Sir also has been informed about the date and time problem, with today's posts showing as 29th instead of 28th and the time showing the opposite since it seems to be the US date-time stamp. Hope that gets fixed as well quickly.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Yes, I had the similar problems of slow speed and taking considerable time in opening the site. I waited for hours with the hope of its restoration of its normal operation but it was rather my frustrated attempt. Yesterday the entire day not smooth in terms of typing due to slow internet. It could be the aftermath effect of previous server problems and as of now, I could see some of postings where the posting date and timings are not correct. Hope the same will be corrected soon.

Yes. I too experienced some problem while browsing ISC. The date and time issue is a major issue. Hope it will be resolved soon.

Until then, I suggest that our members should type the actual date and time at the bottom of their thread or response as given below.

1255/28/5/2021

No life without Sun

I am not sure whether it relates to this.

I posted a thread today using my phone. Very rarely have done so earlier. I use only my Desktop PC generally.
    Now, after posting the thread, I was not able to edit it, as edit option did not open on touching.

This response I am posting separately logging again.

The problems are more. Points are not calculated properly, old points are not added up. There is timeline problems . For example this post would be shown as dated 30th May , that means we are two days ahead.
    K Mohan @ Moga

I hope the technical team is already working on it, we can hope for the best, it may solve the issue by them very soon.

Venkiteswaran - The problem of editing through a phone has been reported by members on quite a few occasions, but this has not been technically fixed by the admin.

I request members not to constantly repeat the same issue of the date-time stamp, points, etc. I have already stated that Tony Sir was informed right away and he will look into it.

There also seems to be an issue of ads overlapping the text and this also has been reported to Tony Sir.

If the past points are got deducted due to technical snag, it must be for all but that is not so. Again do not blame me that I am fighting for the points, but that need to be fixed.
    K Mohan @ Moga

There are minor glitches which we hope will be over by next few days. We had a bad time when the server crashed and after that generally minor bugs enter the system due to various reasons while installing the whole thing once again. Still the site could be put back working in minimal time and I think for that we should appreciate the efforts of the concerned people managing and administrating this site. Hope everything gets back to normal soon.
    Knowledge is power.

From the words of Webmaster Tony the data for three days has been lost as far as the members who were active and contributed and those who performed before that their scores are intact. How the ISC going to compensate for the points lost for those who performed.
    K Mohan @ Moga

K Mohan,

Tony Sir's exact words are "We lost 3 valuable days but didn't lose any past data." Please read that properly.

You said, "If the past points are got deducted due to technical snag, it must be for all but that is not so." Other members have also reported the loss of points. Yes, it is possible that this is specific to a section(s). I don't know, but we'll just wait and see.

Secondly, "Again do not blame me that I am fighting for the points, but that need to be fixed." It has been reported, hasn't it, so we surely can wait to know the outcome instead of constantly repeating the same complaint.

Thirdly, "How the ISC going to compensate for the points lost for those who performed." Surely what matters is that we can continue our contributions. Are points such a huge issue to fuss about? I think we would worry if there is any loss of cash credits of contributions made yesterday because that is as per the quality of our contributions and it is quality that matters, not quantity. So if anyone has lost on cc, let us know.

• Sign In to post your comments