You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Members forgot to remember a great man of India

We all discuss much about the film heroes and heroines, but we always forget to remember the real unsung heroes who served and saved our nation.

I am talking about Field Marshal Manekshaw who led the 1971 Indo-Pak conflict and brought victory to our country, and liberated Bangaladesh.

Yesterday, 27th June was his death anniversary. No member including me bothered to raise a thread to praise him and pay homage to him on his death anniversary.

Better late than never. Members may post their own write up about this great Field Marshal's glory, bravery, courage etc.
    Field Marshal Manekshaw was one of the greatest military commanders of India. He was popularly known as Sam Bahadur. He died on 27th June 2008. He was the first Indian Army officer to be promoted to Field Marshal level. This rank is a five-star holding rank. He served the Army for 40 years and participated in five wars. World War II, India-Pakistan war of 1947, Sino-Indian war of 1962, India- Pakistan war of 1965 and the Bangladesh Liberation war of 1971. He was awarded the Military Cross in 1942. He also received Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan also. He died at the military hospital in Wellington while getting treated for pneumonia. No political leader attended his funeral or national mourning was declared on the day of his death.
    I pay my respects to the great soul who departed from here after serving the country and making India proud by winning the Indo Pak war in 1971.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments