You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

Evanescent memories of schooldays

It is long after we complete our schooldays that we begin to realize what a beautiful phase of our life they were. I remember on my first day at school seventeen years ago, I was extremely lonely having to stay away from my mother for the first time in my life. It was then that I first became friends with children my age. I do remember playing catch or arranging blocks alongside them. I vividly remember the feeling of joy that I felt back then. But somehow the names and faces of these first few friends have escaped my memory, especially since a lot of them changed schools when we moved from the pre-primary to the primary level. Quite a few times I try to recall them but all to no avail. The emotions linger on, but the details have vanished, like the mist on an early winter morning.
    (An entry for the TOW contest for June '21)
    The author has rightly brought this write up connecting to the tow topic and that also connect with each one of us as we are fond of our school memories which gone so soon and I always longing to become child once more and visit the past. Because the school life is full of fun, no tensions, and above all meeting those grand freinds who still continued to be our best freinds. Whom ever we ask , what was their best phase of life, everyone would agree and say that school life was the best as the learning was fun, guaranteed and above all many good moments guaranteed which ensures great memories for future.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is true our school days are the most memorable time of our life. In this phase, we learn, made mistakes, and gain learning from them, making new friends many experiences we took in our school days and nose these days have been gone we also missed a lot. I remember I used to change my school due to my father's job and every time it may little difficult to make new friends and at the same time I missed my old friends too but in school days we are quite adoptable for any change and that is why find new and nice friends every time.

That is true. We remember the happenings during our early students days more than the happenings during college and university days. Today I received a message from a friend. He is my friend during my 5th standard. He sent me today some memories of those days through that message on WhatsApp.
    Even today after many years I remember many of my friends in primary and high school days. The reason for this may be that the school is in our native place and we all went away from there. But regularly we all will be meeting during our visits to our native place.
    Many incidents we may forget but some important happenings will never be forgotten. But all details may not be in our memory but we remember some special instances after a long time also.

drrao
    always confident

Past is always nostalgic. It lingers long in our memories. However difficult these were when they were 'present' or current; they will somehow taste sweet after a gap of time, when we revisit them in our memory. That is because revisiting by way of memory does not need any physical effort and do not have a performance deadline. Even the current horrible present may also appear light and enjoyable when we comeback to this after many years in our memory.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.