You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Actors

R.I.P. Dilip Kumar

Veteran actor Dilip Kumar passed away today morning at age 98. The film industry has lost a legend.

Let us share his memorable roles.
    This morning India woke up to a bad news that vetern character actor Dileep Kumar was passed away at the age of 98 and the seniors of this site would certainly remember him for his many roles in Hindi cinema with Vyjayanthi mala and their pair has created a storm in the film Industry then. For the last few years he is not keeping good health and the Hindi cinema is highly indebted to him for his role, charisma and taking the film on his head and thus made the producers and directros to choose him for the character roles. Probably the only actor much regarded across the country and highly respected. With his death the cineworld has lost a great patriach actor who was intrumental in creating series of actors as he became the role model for many. In those days the films are made for years together and all his films are great hits.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes, the legendary actor Dilip kumar passed away today. RIP Dilip Kumar. All are expecting a century for him but not survive and Indian film industry lost their "Tragedy King" of Bollywood . The industry will not get such an actor in future. He has acted over 65 films and in most of them there was his iconic role like Devdas, Mughal-e-Azam,Kranti, Karma etc. We can not forget his devotion in the industry. He was blessed with extraordinary brilliance, for which the audiences from each generation accepted his role. Heartiest condolences and sympathy to his family &friends.
    Believe in the existence of God the super power.

True. He is one of the best actors produced in India. He is known well to the people as the hero of yesteryears. "Mughal-e-Azam" and "Devdas" are the two films which brought recognition to him all over the country as 'tragedy king'. His last rites will be held at 5 pm at the Juhu Qabrastan at Santacruz Mumbai, today. Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor and Dev Anand are very well known as the golden troika. The other two are already passed away and he is the last one to go in that troika. He acted in different roles and did his best in almost all types of roles including comedies, dramas and romance. He is the only actor who received Pakistan's highest civilian award, Nishan-e-Imtiaz. Dilip Kumar was conferred with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award. He also received the Padma Vibhushan. He acted in films for over 50 years. He will find definitely a special place in Hindi film Industry for his excellent contribution. I express my deepest condolences to his family and I wish he will not have any further births and he will attain Moksha.
    drrao
    always confident

Dilip Kumar is one of the prominent names in Indian cinema and there was a time when people simply went to see a movie because he was there in the main role. He is no more but his memories will always be there with us. The first film from which he came in attention of the larger viewers was Jugnu where he starred against Noor Jehan, and that was a super hit movie and was hit on box office. Many movies then came which gave him immense popularity. His name is recorded in Guinness World Records as an India actor for winning the maximum number of awards. He was also awarded the prestigious Govt award Padma Vibhushan in 2015. He was definitely a great actor of his times and will be in our memory for long. He dies at a age of 98 struggling with his ailments. We all pray for the solace of his soul in the heavens.
    Knowledge is power.

The film world has suffered a huge loss. The late actor Dileep Kumar was a legendary star in the Indian film world who shone on celluloid for five decades. He was scheduled to celebrate his 99th birthday next December. My tributes to the star.
    Lighted to Lighten

Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has announced that the last rites of the thespian will be held with full state honours today evening. He truly deserves it.

I remember two of his iconic films- Mughal-e-Azam, and Madhumati. I have often hummed the song 'Dil tadap tadap...'

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

The famous actor of Bollywood was suffering from some health issues for a long time. He was a great actor and definitely, we lost a great personality from our film industry. There are many beautiful presentations that have been given by the late Dilip Kumar through his movies, songs, that are memorable for us. God will give strength to their family during this sad moment.

The film fraternity lost a legend. A rare talent whose every shot was enthralling even if it was taken for the same scene. Dilip Kumar will remain in the hearts of the people of this country for his sterling performances in the films he acted in. May his departed soul rest in peace.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

The versatile actor Dilip Kumar is no more amidst us but he would be remembered by the film lovers for his brilliant roles displayed by him in over 50 Hindi Films.Mughal - e - Azam, Madhumati, Jugnu, Kranti, Karma etc were his notable films which made deep impact to the audience. He was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 2015 for his distinguished roles. As a man, he was loveable and would hear patiently to the mob in any gathering. His departure is an irreparable loss to the Film Industry and is not easy to fill this void so easily. May his departed soul rest in peace.

Dilip Kunar was known as an Institution of acting. Actors would learn how to play their role. He changed entire film industry. He was a fatherly figure to all his juniors. Bollywood has lost a great legend. His affair with Madhubala was widely known in industry but they could not continue it. Her father had some problems with him and the matter was hyped to a large extent that Dililp Kunar faced a court trial too, and when he was asked if he loved Madhubala and he admitted it in the court.
    Dilip Kumar in his biography The Substance and Shadow wrote that he had worked as a manager in the military contractor's club also. His sandwiches were liked by all. Dilip Kumar supported indian freedom movement and opposed British rule. Dilip Kumar was sent to Yerwara jail for speaking against the British government. At that time, many Satyagrahis were also lodged in jail. Dilip Kumar had mentioned in his book that at that time Satyagrahis were called Gandhiwale. They also went on hunger strike supporting other prisoners. Dilip Kumar was released from jail the next day. He had said that 'The next morning, when a major of my acquaintance came, I was released from jail and since then I too had become Gandhiwala'.

Attaching here the Amul ad (Hindustan Times print advt.) that is a tribute to the legend-
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Delete Attachment

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.