You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

No side effects after Covishield second dose - take the jab!

Happy to report that it was smooth sailing with the second dose of the Covishield vaccine. After the first dose, I had reported the normal side-effects. This time around, other than the upper arm pain and fatigue, nothing at all. I took the second dose last Saturday in the afternoon and after some hours passed by, towards night-time, I was mentally bracing myself for a headache - it never came! Neither that night nor the next day, there was no headache and no flu. Even the fatigue was a bit less than the earlier time, and I was able to do a few household chores too. I just idled, reading and staying off online work for three days.

The appointment booking was a different story, absolutely frustrating. As per the intimation that came on the screen when I logged in to the Cowin website, I was to take the second dose on 27th July and did manage to book a slot at a Govt. vaccine center. However, that morning I was feeling slightly unwell so opted not to go that day. After that, just could not get a slot. All slots were booked, and that too for the 18 and above age group at the Govt. vaccine centers. I heard that walk-in would be allowed, so rushed there but the vaccine was over, and was told that I had to come at 6 a.m. in the morning to book and get a token number! From there I went to two other centers and was told the same thing. So then I returned home and decided to go to a private hospital and pay for the second dose. I was glad I did because then there was a vaccine shortage and hence none of the Govt. centers were open for vaccination. I paid Rs.780/- and had to fill up a form there, went through the various processes of paying, showing ID, getting a token, etc, and was out within one hour. All in all, it was a relief and the amount paid was worth it, having lessened the tension of whether or not I would be able to get the second dose within the three months maximum it was supposed to be taken.

I encourage everyone not to hesitate, whether the first dose or the second one. As the advertisement in the Hindustan Times states, let's do our bit and get vaccinated. I take this opportunity to say a big "Thank you!" to Serum Institute, Bharat Biotech, and all the people, including health workers, and general staff, who are working so tirelessly to help us battle the pandemic.
    My wife also had her second dose of Covishield a few days ago. She had taken it under the paid facility for Rs780/- in the same hospital where she had taken the first dose. It was a real hassle to get a slot in Cowin portal. Even after trying or many days we could not get a slot. One of my friends who visited this hospital that day enquired and found that there is a vacant slot for spot registration. He called us to reach there immediately and we did so. The vaccination was soon over any difficulty.

However after couple of days the situation improved and many people who were waiting for second dose of Covishield got it free.

In the free centres there is a good rush and it takes time to get a slot or one's turn for getting the vaccine. However in private paid centres generally the whole thing is over in an hour at the most. One can even walk in there. Due to my ill health I was late in going for my first jab but got it done a few days back in a paid centre and there was no rush and it was a smooth going.
    Some people are getting fever and other side effects for a day or two and then it is normal. The side actions as talked in the media are the exaggerated versions and making some people hesitant for going for vaccination. We must ignore those things being populated by some vested interests in the media. We must remember that more the people go for it more safe would be the humanity. Once a large number of people are vaccinated the virus would not get easy targets for its spread. That is what all the Govt in the world are trying for.

Knowledge is power.

I and my wife also had the second dose lost week. The slot booking was not a problem. My son did it veryfast. We have taken a slot in a private hospital and we paid Rs.780/- per dose. It is Covishield only. The time given was 11.30 AM and 12.30 PM.
    We went there 15 minutes ahead and we had our dose exactly at 11.45 AM. We were asked to wait up to 12.15 PM. Then we came back and downloaded our certificate from the Cowin site.
    Absolutely there are no side effects. After the first dose, we have upper arm pain. But this time no pain. We have not used Dolo 650 also. The next day morning we both are normal. So there is no need to hesitate to go for vaccination. Get it done as early as possible.

drrao
    always confident

Good that many people are getting into confidence mode after the positive reviews about the second dose of covishield and that proves that Indian vaccine program is going at good phase and satisfield level. One thing is sure those who are already suffering from inner disease and they need to consulte the family doctor before going for vaccines to avoild later complications. The seniors who had been vaccinated for the two doses are feeling more free and confidence as they are living the normal life with covid rules being followed. One should not be lethargic after having vaccinated.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments