Are we calling Third wave upon ourselves?Recently the viral pictures in social media of the crowd in various hill stations has been a topic of vivid discussions. Last year too, when the covid cases got into control and the government gave ease in lockdown, many people in groups went travelling. This type of travelling is called revenge pravelling, whereby, the people who has been in lockdown, being mentally and emotionally disturbed or tired of the monotonous life, travel to some place for relaxing just when the lockdown eases.
What happens next is, the hotels in these tourists spots are flooded, staffs get scarce and as a result these hotels, hire new labours who turn up from small villages nearby in search of employment. Almost 60% travellers might not transmit Corona but due to the negligency of the rest 40% who are careless regarding hygiene and sanitation, there is a new outburst of Corona cases. These labours who got new employment , end up being unemployed again due to lockdown and are forced to return back to their village, with high chances of carrying new variants. And ultimately THE THIRD WAVE!
Some researchers have been predicting the third wave to be as deadlier than second one while some say that to be milder due to mass vaccination. Whatever that might be, we should be reluctant in handling this virus , which is powerful enough to make this whole world stagnant for almost 1 year now. With our utmost negligency and stupidity we are calling the third wave upon ourselves, and when things would go out of hand, we would reach out to the social media/government for help and then blame then for the same.
Are we doing justice to those who have been maintaining lockdown in their houses since a year, and have been waiting for things to get normal to step out? What are your views on this.