Teacher's Day Special - Essay writing contestToday is the day we express our appreciation and gratitude to those who played the role of teachers in our lives. Here is your opportunity to say thanks through essays, by sharing your own personal experiences.
What you have to do: Submit an essay related to Teachers in the category of Essays in the Articles section with an SEO-friendly title and a summary. We don't want essays on your favourite teacher. What we want are essays that bring out the teaching-learning experience during your academic years that helped/inspired you in some way. It can be at the school, college, or university level (not teachers of tuition classes or coaching institutes; nor family members - unless they are teachers!). It need not be just a teacher of a subject of the curriculum, but can also be of a co-curricular or extra-curricular activity, maybe even a teacher you met at another institute in India or abroad. You can also write on a campus staff who was your teacher in some special way, but this should be brought out clearly in the essay.
Note- If you so wish, to maintain privacy, you need not mention the actual name of the institute or the name of the teacher.
You can write on, for example-
How I gained self-confidence through my English teacher
How I overcame________ (shyness, stammering, frustration) because of _________ teacher
Mastering difficult Algebra concepts thanks to my Maths teacher
The university librarian - my special teacher
The skills I learned on a field trip organized by my class teacher
How my music teacher changed my perspective of_____
Team-building skills learned from my _______ sports teacher
The college History lecturer who was my best life coach
The IIT professor who inspired me in my career as a ___________
You can also write essays that bring out interesting anecdotes in the classroom or meeting the teacher outside of the classroom that was also a learning experience for you.
1. You can submit as many essays as you wish, but each one must be a minimum of 500 words, should be original, and must adhere to the articles submission guidelines.
2. The title of the article should include the word teacher or lecturer or professor or faculty, as applicable.
3. Each essay should focus on one subject teacher and must include a minimum of one internal link to a relevant ISC page, such as to a course, a school/college/university, a forum discussion or AE query, etc.
4. Once you submit your essay in the articles section, submit the URL with a direct link to it in a response to this thread. You need not wait for the essay to be approved. However, do not submit links to article drafts. It must be in full submission mode when the link is given in this thread.
5. If you are submitting more than one essay, you should give the links to all in the same response.
The rewards 1. First prize: Rs.200/- (maximum two).
2. A maximum of up to three other essays will receive a cash award of Rs.100/-.
Closing date: 14th September 2021. (there will be no extensions)
If you want any clarifications, submit your query in a response to this thread.