You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Teacher's Day Special - Essay writing contest

Today is the day we express our appreciation and gratitude to those who played the role of teachers in our lives. Here is your opportunity to say thanks through essays, by sharing your own personal experiences.

What you have to do: Submit an essay related to Teachers in the category of Essays in the Articles section with an SEO-friendly title and a summary. We don't want essays on your favourite teacher. What we want are essays that bring out the teaching-learning experience during your academic years that helped/inspired you in some way. It can be at the school, college, or university level (not teachers of tuition classes or coaching institutes; nor family members - unless they are teachers!). It need not be just a teacher of a subject of the curriculum, but can also be of a co-curricular or extra-curricular activity, maybe even a teacher you met at another institute in India or abroad. You can also write on a campus staff who was your teacher in some special way, but this should be brought out clearly in the essay.

Note- If you so wish, to maintain privacy, you need not mention the actual name of the institute or the name of the teacher.

You can write on, for example-
    How I gained self-confidence through my English teacher
    How I overcame________ (shyness, stammering, frustration) because of _________ teacher
    Mastering difficult Algebra concepts thanks to my Maths teacher
    The university librarian - my special teacher
    The skills I learned on a field trip organized by my class teacher
    How my music teacher changed my perspective of_____
    Team-building skills learned from my _______ sports teacher
    The college History lecturer who was my best life coach
    The IIT professor who inspired me in my career as a ___________

You can also write essays that bring out interesting anecdotes in the classroom or meeting the teacher outside of the classroom that was also a learning experience for you.

The rules
    1. You can submit as many essays as you wish, but each one must be a minimum of 500 words, should be original, and must adhere to the articles submission guidelines.
    2. The title of the article should include the word teacher or lecturer or professor or faculty, as applicable.
    3. Each essay should focus on one subject teacher and must include a minimum of one internal link to a relevant ISC page, such as to a course, a school/college/university, a forum discussion or AE query, etc.
    4. Once you submit your essay in the articles section, submit the URL with a direct link to it in a response to this thread. You need not wait for the essay to be approved. However, do not submit links to article drafts. It must be in full submission mode when the link is given in this thread.
    5. If you are submitting more than one essay, you should give the links to all in the same response.

The rewards 1. First prize: Rs.200/- (maximum two).
    2. A maximum of up to three other essays will receive a cash award of Rs.100/-.

Closing date: 14th September 2021. (there will be no extensions)

If you want any clarifications, submit your query in a response to this thread.
    I have a query: May I write about the headmistress of the school, or it has to be about a teacher only?
    shampasaid

Yes Shampa, we can allow that since we have mentioned that you can consider campus staff, as long as the essay brings out in what sense the individual was a teacher.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Thank you, ME Vandana, for the clarification.
    shampasaid

My entries for this essay writing contest are as under -
    1. How my Mathematics teacher motivated me to excel in Mathematics.
    2. How my Mathematics professor introduced me to the world of writing.

Knowledge is power.

This is my entry:
    Way of teaching of a teacher of my primary school

These are my entries for the Teacher's Day Special - Essay writing contest

1. My science teacher is a mentor for my lifetime

2. My chemistry teacher who made me realise my true interest

drrao
    always confident

My submission to the contest:

Team building skills learned from my Management Professor

My best professor was also my mentor

Believe in the existence of God the super power.

My entry for the contest:
    My Teacher who inspired me to develop my career

My entry for the Teacher's Day Special - Essay writing contest:

My Zoology Professor-My Inspiration

A University Professor who gave me the right direction in my PhD as a Supervisor

Team-building skills learned from my Scout-Guide Teacher

My submission:

Simplicity of my English teacher has become my life lesson

Watchfulness of the Principal Sister made me an alert person

My Sanskrit teacher inspired me to be selfless

shampasaid

My submission:

My phd supervisor is a role model for me

My kindergarten teacher made me interest in studies

deleted

Here go my entries:

1. How my Biology teacher changed my perspective of learning the subject

2. Life lessons learnt from my Basic Electronics Laboratory teacher

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Please find below my submission,

How my teacher helped me take away fear and improve my presentation skills?

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.