You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Teacher's Day Special - best forum response

The schedule of contests for this month mentioned a surprise contest for Teacher's Day. That surprise was selecting the three best responses across five blue-pinned threads that were put up by me from 1st to 5th September 2021, all the topics related to teachers.

The winners are-
    Venkiteswaran for his response to the thread on online classes etiquette and behaviour
    Umesh for his response to the thread on what is the decisive factor to determine when a teacher should retire?
    and
    DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao for his response to the thread on who should take credit for excellent results?

Congratulations! Each of you will be rewarded with a cash award of Rs.25/- and 25 points. A few other responses may also be given enhanced points and cash credits based on our discussions.

A point to note- As per the quantity of the responses, it seems only if there is a pre-announcement with the attraction of a reward that more members will make it a point to put up responses, as was the case with the August Independence Day contest. Why should this be the case? We even kept all the threads open till the 15th (the last thread was dated 5th so we kept the 10-day closing time frame for all as the same) but no further responses were forthcoming. Disappointing, to say the least.
    Hearty congrats to all the three winners. Well done friends. Keep it up.
    No life without Sun

This is really a pleasant surprise. I also agree that we should try to post good responses irrespective of the reward element in the background. In fact, that will help us in our own improvement. Anyway, I thank ISC for this surprise reward and congratulate the other two winners also. I wish and hope that members will keep up the contributing mindset as ISC has already provided us an educational platform of this cadre.
    Knowledge is power.

Thank you ISC for considering my post for an award. It is very surprising and never knows that this contest was there. Thank you Managing Editor. I congratulate the other two winners. I hope and wish that the winners will continue their good work and win many more awards in the coming contests.
    drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to all the winners for the best forum response. All response was commendable. I hope that winners would win many more prizes in future.

Congratulations to Venkateswaran Ji, Umesh ji and Dr.srinivasarao ji on winning their teachers

Congratulations to all the winners and all the contribution were superb and rightly rewarded this recognition.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

My congratulations to all the winners. I think if awarding the best responses to the forum section becomes a routine, like the TOWs, then the responses may be more engaging and more members may respond to the threads. This is just a suggestion and can be thought of as a way to increase the number of responses.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Wow!that is really a 'SURPRIZE' to me. I do not even recall having read about the schedule of contests. My response was just an impromptu normal response as usual.
    Let me congratulate Umesh and DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao for getting their 'surprize' too

Anyway I liked the surprise element. Thanks to ME .

A big congratulation to all winners Venkiteswaran Sir, Umesh sir, and DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao, your responses on different threads is commendable. Responses are as important as the thread itself. I like to wish you all the best for many rewards in the future too.

Many congratulations to all the winners for winning a surprise contest. It's always special to win a surprise award. Keep it up!
    shampasaid

Hearty congratulations to the winners of the surprise contest!

I have always been maintaining that responses are equally or rather more important than threads and so members should be serious about how they conceive and convey a response to a thread. A response must not only add value to the thread but also should be critical where it should be and must question the author where it is so required. We need to realize that a good quality response can also ensure an engaging and fruitful discussion.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Many congratulations to winners Venkiteswaran, Umesh sir and DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao for winning the Teacher's Day Special - best forum response contest. It was really surprising that any such contest was there. Because I usually check the schedule of Contest of the month many times. It was mentioned there that "one surprise" is to be announced on 5th September 2021. So I guessed that Teacher's Day Article writing contest was that surprising contest.

Dr. Deepali,

The exact text was "one a surprise, one to be announced on 5th September 2021". See that small comma after the word surprise? That is the separator from the surprise reward program and the one announced on 5th Sept. which was the essay-writing one, the link to which was put in after the announcement. So members have to be alert and smart to look out for some gentle curveballs, especially knowing my love for surprises!!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My hearty congratulations to all the winners of teachers day forum response prize

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.