You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is the main purpose of posting a thread for you?

The Forum section of ISC is very active, not because they are rewards high or less but because the frequent posting of threads here creates an atmosphere of discussion and the authors find it interesting. Some writers regularly post threads daily and thus get 5 to 6 new threads a day for discussion. For every writer, there is a topic of his thread but there is also a purpose, this purpose can be anything like a message that the author is trying to share with everyone or any necessary information or share his thoughts and sometimes or want to ask some question from others, etc. There are some threads from which we do not expect any reward, but some threads are also posted with the purpose that they may be selected for TOW. I am not saying that writers submit threads only for the TOW award but it is also to act as a motivation factor. So I am curious to know from other authors what is the purpose of your threads.
    This is really a very interesting post by the author asking the members as to what is the main purpose of posting a thread and what are the inspirations for it. I would put it like this - the forum section is the gateway to ISC and any member who joins it generally enters this portal from this route only. Then he comes to know a lot of things about other sections in this site and if he has inrerest and liking he might go there also and contribute in them also or might remain in the forum section itself as it is sufficient to keep a person busy in his spare time where he wanted to contribute something creatively. Another thing about the forum secion is that the possibilities are immense here for topics, discussions, information, knowledge sharing, etc and though it is going there for such a long time still people are contributing newer and newer things to discuss. When such voluminous contributions are going on, it is possible that sometimes some repetitions might be there for which the editors are alerting us from time to time and refrain us in going to those territories. I find the forum section very ineresting and useful for my own growth and progress in the field of group discussions, entering in the contests, learning many points from the fellow members etc. and same is my main purpose in the forum section.
    Knowledge is power.

For that matter, I am habituated to post new threads at least three to five a day and I always have the matter to post for the information of others but exhaust all the posting quota of 15 for the week and has to wait for the new quota. But many members are not posting threads as they feel happy and comfortable in responding to the already posted threads. For every member creating a post is also important because they do come across many happenings and that can be shared. If all the active members post at least two threads per day, just imagine there would be more food for thought and we would be busy in responding to many threads. For me the purpose of raising threads is to keep informed about various thoughts emanating from my mind and that is shared immediately and fortunately my most of the threads gets attended immediately,
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As far as I am concerned, I am not interested to post threads as a regular habit. I am watching some of the members regularly creating some new threads without missing. If something an issue strikes into my mind and something I feel interesting then only I post a thread. Similarly if I am interested to specific thread, I will respond to it otherwise I don't respond.

The main purpose of participating actively in the forum section is knowledge sharing. Members can share their knowledge with other members. The points raised by different authors will be interesting and we will have some good ideas of the topic. Another purpose for my participation in this section is my writing skills. As we go on putting our thoughts on paper. we will get better from time to time. Practice makes us perfect. So as you go on writing you will improve your skills.
    It is not easy to write a new thread or respond to a thread with a relevant subject. That will give scope for us to know new issues and our knowledge on various subjects will get enhanced.

drrao
    always confident

Normally ISC has set 15 posts as the limit for us to raise the threads in five days. I doubt many are not utilizing the same to their potential and for me it is huge shortage.
    K Mohan @ Moga

@K Mohan Sir,
    I agree with you because sometimes I too think this limit of 15 threads should be increased, but if ISC already decides this then there must be some reason. Still, many members have not participated in the posting threads even they also respond in other threads but do not post threads on daily basis, so if we calculate the numbers o threads posted in a day it looks lesser.

As I understand the idea of restricting forum posts to 15 is only to reduce the repetitiveness of the posting material and as well as to encourage others also to participate. How much ISC is successful in that can only be told by the ISC management. One thing that I have observed since beginning in this portal is that the activity in other sections could increase and decrease but forum is a place which is always vibrant with ideas, discussions, informations, queries, and things like that. So if I do not have anything specific in some other section to work or submit I can very well come to forum section and believe me I always get something to respond or discuss all the time or share some announcement by the concerned editors. It is really very interesting and exciting. So this is a remarkable thing about the forum section where warmth of creative ideas is always flowing.
    Knowledge is power.

15 threads in five days. That means 3 threads per day on average. How many members are raising so many? Only one or two members may be doing that. So I don't think there is any necessity of increasing the limit. The threads should be good for discussion. Then we will get good responses.
    If we have any doubts to get them cleared also we can raise a new thread. If we post the same issue in AE we may not get so many answers but in this section, we may get more answers. Anyhow different people will have different expectations from the threads they post.

drrao
    always confident

That is what I am also insisting as those who are regulars and use their 15 posting threads wisely the forum would be more vibrant and more food for thoughts.
    K Mohan @ Moga

It is rather a healthy idea to post some threads in the forum section and if at least three threads are posted regularly by each of us on daily basis, there will be plenty of thoughts to be shared and we can enjoy the different ideas emanating from the mind of the members. We would not go elsewhere for searching such thought provoking articles if could such threads in the Forum Section itself. Let us enjoy the posting of the threads offering us vibrant ideas and informations to pull up our lives with the diligent manners.

• Sign In to post your comments