You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Umbrella bearers duty of past Prime Ministers and now

I came across an interesting video, making a comparison of umbrella bearers doing their duty for the former PM Dr Manmohan Singh when he visited the US during his tenure. In the same video in another frame our present PM Modi seen holding the umbrella for himself and getting down the stairs of the aircraft. While the umbrella bearers are also officers appointed by the govt to give the shade and protection from rains but Modi has turned down that facility and holding himself the umbrella and that made the big headlines even in US news papers. What you infer from this thread and give your reply.
    In India, it is customary to hold umbrellas for VIPS, old people and children if it is raining or very hot outside, Many people used to do this. PM is a very big man. He is the top man who decided the issues and governs the country. For such people there will be heavy security and the government is spending a lot of money in providing security to the present and Ex MPs, MLAs and other important officials.
    One among those security people may hold an umbrella when needed. Some people may not like this. Such people will carry their own umbrellas. PM Modi is known for his modest behaviour and never like to show his power, I feel. That is the reason he might have not allowed somebody else to hold umberella from you.
    I think this system was introduced when Britishers were ruling our country. We used to see a servant with a cross belt and he used to do all such works for the government officers. We should come out of such a practice. All are human beings only at the end of the day.

drrao
    always confident

By doing the umbrella holding by self, Modi has demonstrated modest behavior to the world.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.