You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Two great personalities of the country and our pride.

The day of October 2 is very important for India because on this day the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi and our late Prime Minister Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri were born.

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi and Lal Bahadur Shastri, both are the pride of our country and they are great personalities who have spent their whole life thinking and working about the interests of the society and the people of the country.

International Day of Non-Violence is also celebrated every year on 2nd October. Remembering this special day today, on behalf of all of us, all the Indians and residents of other countries, who sincerely respect Gandhism i.e. non-violence, I wish peace to everyone on this special day.
    There are some great leaders who had done something outstanding for the society and people of their country and that is why people remember them for a long time and they are always quoted in the history for certain achievements taken by them in the past and that is what we feel proud about them. Everyone in the world knows about Mahatma Gandhi who with his novel non violent methods asked the Britishers to leave India and that movement was supported by people so much that Britishers had to take immediate action on that. Another personality that is Mr Shastri was known for his disciplined and strict administrative approach to run the country and even the big powers in the global Canvas could not force him to do anything which was not in favour of his country. These two personalities will be remembered by the Indian people till eternity.
    Knowledge is power.

Two down to earth persons who are very famous for their committed work for the nation. Mahatama Gandhi is responsible for making our country Independent. His contributions are immense and he managed the struggle from the front. He lived a simple life and became a role model for many leaders those days. We should be grateful to him for making this beautiful country an independent country. My salutations to him for his contributions to the country, Today nonviolence day is celebrated to convey our respect to him only for his pioneering work in introducing non-violence as a strategy in his struggle for independence.
    Lal Bahadur Shastri is also a person who lived a simple life. These days politicians should learn many things from this great personality. How he conducted himself as a minister and Prime minister in the central government should be understood by present-day politicians. My salutations to this great man on his birthday.

drrao
    always confident

Mahatma Gandhi is told for truth. His term, 'Satyameva jayathE' is noted everywhere in our country. Through his biography one can clearly understand the necessity of truth in human life, through the drama of Raja Harish Chandra, in his life.
    Lal Bahadur Sastri is named courage. I read from his books that in his childhood as he was not possessing enough money to pay for the boat person, he crossed the river by swimming by own. This courage should be in every human that 'I can do'.
    My salutations to these great men on their birth day.

Come Oct 2nd the whole world remembers the great contributions of Mahatma and Lal Bahadur Shastri. Both were iconic leaders of their time and unfortunately many remembers Gandhiji and coolly forget Bahadurji. When ever floral tributes are paid to Mahatma on this day, why a separate floral tribute is not conducted for Shastri ji. Even the central govt ads on the news paper give more space for the Mahatma and very less mention for Shashtri ji. For every Indian both are Mahatma has they have done enough for our freedom struggle and we are indebted to them always. Henceforth equal importance must be given to celebrate the birthday days of two greats in a most dignified manner and the central govt need to take care this. On this occasion let the world know that there is no place for war and without violence peace can prolong.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.