You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Wishing you all a very happy Durga Puja

It is the time of the year when we, especially the Bengalis look for a break from monotonous activities. For many it's the time for fun and frolic, and why not? Maa Durga is here to destroy all the evil forces. It is her blessings that we all seek. The festivity has just started. Though the usual pomp is missing at many places because of the restrictions, however, the mind is all set to go. This is the time when people visit their native places and meet their relatives and for many, it's a get together on a grand scale where every family member try to participate. Let there be celebrations everywhere but with all the precautions. May Maa Durga bless all of us to be brave enough so that we can encounter all the vices. May there be light everywhere.

I wish everyone in the ISC family A Very Happy Durga Puja!
    We perform Sarannavaratri from Aasvayuja suddha padyami to the day of Vijaya Dasami. These days Goddess Durga will be worshipped. Each day of these nine days is dedicated to one incarnation of Goddess Durga. One day we will worship Annapoorna and another day Goddess Lalita. The last three days of the nine days will be dedicated to Maa Saraswathi, the Goddess of Education and knowledge. The students of all ages will worship this Goddess during these days.
    In both the Telugu States this is a very important festival and everybody will celebrate with happiness and cheerfulness. All educational institutions will be closed for 10 days for this festival. Many people from cities will go to their native villages and celebrate the festival there.
    I wish all the members of this site a happy Sarannavaratri and I wish them all the best during all nine days. I wish all of us will have the blessings of Goddess Durga Mata.

drrao
    always confident

Dassara is the most important Hindu festival and though the names are different but the whole 10 days would be dedicated to the Goddess to invoke blessings in different avathar. But for us last three days are most important. The Ashtami, Navami and the Dasami when Kali, Lakshmi and Saraswathi would be invoked and prayed for the well being giving strength, praying for good wisdom and wealth. At Tirumala the whole ten days is agog with activities as everyday there would be special alankarams and the God would be taken through the four mada veedhis and during this festivities, getting train ticket and bus ticket would be very problematic. Nevertheless on this occasion my greetings to all the people across the country on the occasion of Durga Puja and may the good triumph over the bad and evil designs.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Durga Puja is one of the biggest festivals of our country and is celebrated almost all the places in various ways. In our culture Maa Durga is considered as the ultimate source of power which even gods pray.
    It is said that Maa Durga alighted on Earth to kill the evil forces which were troubling and torturing the people living on the Earth. She is a symbol of power and divinity and evil forces evaporate where she starts her killing spree.
    There is the interesting story of evil demon Raktbeej who could not be killed because whenever his blood touched Earth, more Raktbeejs were created. Maa Durga took form of Kaali and sucked all the blood and did not allow it to reach the Earth. Eventually the demon got killed.

Knowledge is power.

Jai Mata Di

Wishing all at ISC and their families a very Happy Durga Puja! Let us pray for the well-being of all and celebrate with due care.
    'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Let me take the opportunity to wish each and everyone a very Happy Durga Puja. The Durga Puja has different names, and some rituals differ in various parts of India, but worshipping Goddess Durga is the ultimate for the Hindus. Kolkata becomes vibrant during this festival which I miss enjoying because of residing in Delhi. I hope Ma Durga will shower her blessings on all of us and drive away all the evils. Happy Durga Puja to all of you!
    shampasaid

Thank you Sankalan Bhattacharya for your warm greetings, and wishing you and everyone, too, a happy festival with good health and prosperity.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• Sign In to post your comments