You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Announcements

E-book creative writing Team challenge - the contest begins

As per the teams announced in this thread, we will now begin the e-book team challenge contest. Since this is a first-time concept involving teamwork, in case of queries you may post them in that thread only.

What you have to do- each team will submit their e-book chapters in a single thread in the category of Discussion Forums>>About IndiaStudyChannel>>Competition Entries.

Each team member will write two chapters. The team captain must write the first chapter and the subsequent chapters have to be submitted in that same thread. Once the first chapter is submitted, the Captain should submit the link to it in a response to this thread.

Each chapter should be submitted within 24 hours of the previous chapter's time or within 24 hours of the response put in by the Captain with some instruction, as the case may be (e.g. introducing a specific element in the next chapter).

Other members will not submit any comments in the story threads. Only the members of the team will submit their chapters in that thread and once it is completed, the thread will be locked. Individual team members can use the edit button to make corrections of typos, grammar, etc in their chapters, but not the main aspects, and once the next chapter is submitted, no changes should be made. In the case of the last chapter, four hours' leeway will be given to make corrections before the thread gets locked.

Rules-
    1. Each chapter should be limited to approx. max. 300 – 320 words and must focus on the theme as decided by the team's captain, and the team members must also keep in mind the genre that has been selected. There is no need to give a title to the individual chapters, but the captain must put a suitable title to the thread that is concise and eye-catching enough to generate interest to read it.
    2. The chapter should be in English and can include conversations, dialogues, quotes, analogies, whatever you wish as long as it is not slang and not in SMS format.

Cash prizes- Each member of the winning team will receive a cash prize of Rs.75/- and 75 points. Depending on the quality of the entries, there may also be a second prize, with each member of the second-placed team awarded a cash prize of Rs.50/- with 50 points. Other individual chapters of the other e-books may be given enhanced points and cc as well, as determined by the jury panel.

Captains of each team must submit the first chapter no later than 24hrs. from the time-stamp of this thread.

We are looking forward to reading the five e-books. Best of luck!
    My first chapter for the e-book entry is here,

Grandmas Batik Saree - first step towards success.

I would like sun to go ahead with the next chapter as he sees fit to continue the story.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Neelam,

It would be good to mention all instructions in the e-book thread, as I mentioned in the thread when announcing the teams since this thread is for the Captains to just give the link to their e-book.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

This is our thread for the ebook
    A day of a writer with his fountain pen

drrao
    always confident

The following is the thread and the first chapter of our team ebook -
    Musical melody of love.

Knowledge is power.

This is my team's ebook thread:

The height of secrecy of a batik saree

shampasaid

The team of Neelam and Sun have completed their e-book today. Four more to go.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

ME Vandana,

I am doubtful about completing my ebook. Dr Sanchita Ranjan felt difficulty writing a mystery story, and she almost repeated the first chapter in her own words with some variation. I have suggested she makes the required changes so that the ebook can have a good flow. I have asked her to write the third chapter as well so that I can conclude it.

shampasaid

Shampa,

I cannot put in any comments on what you/your team member is doing or make suggestions on any aspect as this is a contest. Participants are expected to just read the rules. I am aware of the difficulties that have arisen in this contest and will give my feedback and suggestions for future such contests later. For the time being, let's move on.

Thank you for contacting me Shaji,I saw your message just now. The theme Postbox is ok with me. Post the content of the story line as early as possible. I will open the link and read the story. As instructed by Vandana,I will follow suit.

Vandana,thanks again for appreciating my zeal to write anything creative and giving us a second chance.

I am unable to reply to shaji's message on my message box. In fact,I can't send but only read. Will anybody find out the reason behind this help me go back to the old connection

Shampa and Radha -Please do not put up messages in this thread, which is for the main e-book links only. Kindly use only the other thread as I have clearly instructed.

Radha- if you have an issue in responding back, you can simply send a separate message directly to Saji or post a message in the other thread. Go to his profile page and send the messages.

Vandana,
    I have noted down your instructions

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.