You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Your concentration and the noise of others - who wins?

No matter where any one of us is from, but disturbance is a word that is related to everyone's life. At one time or another, we all have to face some kind of disturbance. When I was in school, I used to study, at that time if someone listened to TV in loud voice or used to talk, then I used to get very disturbed in my studies. Since I was part of a joint family, this was often the case with more members. Whenever I used to complain to my mother about this matter, she always said that I need to increase my concentration because there are so many members in the family and we cannot change everyone, then you have to help yourself. In the beginning, I used to get angry too but then slowly it became my habit and but still, sometimes the disturbance was more and I used to study on balcony or terrace.
    But I have an aunt in my own family who also lives with the same family members her concentration is so strong that when she reads a book, even a newspaper, she doesn't even notice anyone around her, we all are in awe of her concentration.
    Concentration is also a quality that is probably God gifted to some people but we find many videos and articles which give methods to increase concentration, will they work? Who wins in your case, your concentration or others disturbance, please share.
    I can concentrate on my work if I have an interest in that activity irrespective of what is happening in the surroundings. My wife always scolds me always saying that I will not see what is happening around me if I am doing something. I will not get distracted easily from the work I am doing. But if there is no interest, I will try to find an excuse saying that I am not able to concentrate. My mother's sister is a PhD in Telugu. She can read a book and she can write even when a big noise is there around. Her concentration is immense and if we entrust work to her, she will not stop in between. She will complete the work as accepted.
    Many people can't concentrate on their work when the ambience, Even they complete the work it may not be able to deliver the goods as expected. Even in offices also when the ambience is not conducive the employees there may not deliver the goods properly.

drrao
    always confident

Distractions and disturbance if can be minimised it is the best alternative if one has no choice in that matter, The only option left is to make our mind such that these noises can not penetrate the wall of our concentration. IT takes a lot of time and practice but one begins to learn to live with any form of disturbance around and still able to concentrate on the aim, just the way the duck catches the fish in the pond no matter how many things around it disturb his concentration,
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Good question from the author as we are bound to be disturbed through various means of noise to which we cannot assert supremacy but to adjust ourselves at the situation. I have the habit of going to bed early and the prime viewing of serials would not stop, But I have the God gift of getting into deep mode sleep immediately after laying down. Many wonders as to how can I sleep. Its simple, we need to concentrate on the same and sleep would come automatically. Having habituated to sleep at the same time daily the sleep would be sure and no disturbance can stop this. But I have seen many people wants pin drop silence to have the good and deep sleep and surely they cannot get the chance because , others would not agree for our preferred privacy living. People are so obsessed with their concentration that they would over look others wants.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments