You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What would you like - the unending quest for learning or limited learning?

Increasing our knowledge and learning new things is essential for the progress in our lives. Many people follow that route and get the satisfaction of the highest kind. Learning makes a person not only knowledgeable but in due course of time, it brings maturity and prudence in him.

Unfortunately, some people have no interest and liking for learning new things in their lives and whatever knowledge they have, with that only, they want to manage the rest of their lives. They don't get much raise in their careers also and keep a low profile and ordinary life. They are so careless in this matter that they don't give any importance to learning in their lives.
    What are your thoughts on this? Should we learn more and more or should we stop at a point and pass our life just like that?
    I am sure, no one would say yes for limited learning as knowledge is the learning process even after being adjudged as best by others as the urge for knowing more would always makes us to quest for new learning.No doubt learning is not the easy process and needs hard facts to remember and practice and therefore for some learning even in limited way would suffice. That is the reason being so the passing mark has been designed in such a way, one can pass out with just pass marks, obtaining average marks and scoring superlative marks. Surely those who are keeping phase with obtaining distinction every time proved that want to learn more and sustained with the wonderful performance ever after. And those who score just pass marks are always sulking, not taken into account for any recognition or award for that matter.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Limited learning will make your area narrow and chances to progress will also be limited only. Even in the area where we are working also many new developments will be taking place and one should get acquainted with those developments so that he can take the advantage of those developments in his professional pursuits and in his work area also. So a person who wants to excel in his pursuits should always have the quest for learning and continue the process of learning. These days many people are working in the IT sector. We are seeing these days many developments and changes in that area. That is why many employees who are doing jobs in that area are spending a good time and money in acquiring new skills as it is very essential for them. Some employees who are not showing that interest is not progressing well in their line of operations.
    As an individual, I am a learner and I want to learn new aspects of my core subjects. In addition to that I try to learn new aspects in related fields also,

drrao
    always confident

Learning is a continuous process and we learn from various things regularly. The important thing is the interest to learn new things. Learning cannot be limited to earning certificates and has to be a wholesome experience to make our lives easier. You can always do better by upgrading your skills and that's what learning is all about. If you limit the horizon of your learning a time will come when you will feel bored because in that case, you will be doing the same tasks day in and day out. Doing new things will not only help to remain excited it will help you to realize various aspects. So, there should be a quest to learn new things all the time.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Who ever big person I met in my life so far, they always revealed their humbleness of less knowledge and that is the greatest trait and wisdom they have inheritated.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A nice thread by the author, I believe that learning is not limited in any case, learning does not just mean knowing new arts or knowledge but bringing it into your mind in a good way. If you learn then learn anything in such a way that you get maturity in it and only then consider for any other learning. There may be a certain limit to the syllabus or particular learning, but learning will never let your search end, the art of learning is to keep making new discoveries while learning. There should be no age no limits or no restriction in learning for anyone.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.