You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Football

Xavi favourite to take over as the next Barcelona manager

With the sacking of Ronald Koeman yesterday, Barcelona FC is back in the market for a new manager. The rumour mill has it that Xavi is favourite to take over but will they be making the best decision by appointing Xavi who isn't proven yet to take over the worst Barcelona squad in decades?

We've seen the rise of such appointments recently, some worked many didn't. Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, AC Milan, Juventus, Real Madrid, even Barcelona have all appointed their former players as managers.

With the current shape of the Barcelona team, I'd expect the management to appoint someone who is proven to come in, steady the ship and restore Barcelona to her former status but maybe I'm overthinking it.

Isn't it too early for Xavi in his coaching career to coach a Barcelona side with a lot of expectations? I'd like to know what you think about Xavi as the next manager of Barcelona.
    Xavi is there with Barcelona for a long time as a player. He was the greatest central midfielder in the history of football. He is hoping that he can best lead the team in which he played and brought laurels to the team. But definitely, it is a tough task for him. The debt situation of the club is not good. Lionel Messi left this summer. Let us hope that under him the team will get its past glory and wish all the best to Xavi as a coach to his old club.
    drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments