You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

The Sparkling Winners of October 2021 Topic-based TOW

Quite a few of the entries for the month-end topic-based TOW on the theme Sparkle had overlapping and similar thoughts. It is therefore suggested for future such reward programs to check already submitted entries to avoid repetition and come up with something different. You are also requested to check and re-check after you submit for errors in the text, not only spelling and grammar but also punctuation and spacing. Content should be neat and tidy and even a small incorrect spacing before/after punctuation will look out of place.

Now let's cheer the winners...

The winners are Sankalan Bhattacharya for his thread on the missing sparkle and Neelam for her thread on the sparkling droplets that usher in our mornings. Both sparkled the brightest! Each will receive a cash prize of Rs.60/- with 60 points,

Venkiteswaran gets the special prize of Rs.40/- and 40 points for his delightful thread on the sparkling eyes of a child.

Congratulations to all the winners!
    My hearty congrats to Sankalan for his thread "the missing sparkle and Neelam for her thread "the sparkling droplets that usher in our mornings" were beautifully blended and submitted and thus has the edge to win the award. My appreciation also goes to Venkiteswaran for the "the sparkling eyes of a child" which was again a grand submission. This time the entries were good and the authors made the best try to win the contest. And the ISC should have given some points and cc to other good entries which are not made to winning and yet added glory to the topic.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is to congratulate the winners of the October 2021 Topic-based TOW. The selected threads are really good to deserve the awards. I hope and wish that the winners will continue their good work in the coming months and win many more awards.
    drrao
    always confident

A big congratulation to the winners of the TOW contest, your threads are unique with a new thought and your work is commendable, wish you all the best. I like to wish all other participants for their performance.

Thank you to all the members, and I really enjoy writing in competitions like these organised by ISC and always eagerly wait for such events whenever I am active on the site.
    These competitions are wonderful opportunities to hone my writing skills and creative writing and provide new dimensions to look at things every time a new topic is announced. I hope I will see more such creative writing competitions other than TOW topics like theme-based stories writings and new concepts as well.
    In the same message I would like editors to do considers Mr Suns event a chance with few changes, It was fun taking part in that event, I guess cash prizes will encourage members to take part in such events,

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

My hearty congratulations to all the three winners of the contest. Keep it up!

ME Vandana,

I am interested to know about the shortcoming in my write-up, so that I can improve in future. No cash credit is given to me that's why I am keen to know about the loopholes in my presentation. Your observation will help me to understand my writing better. Kindly share your viewpoint.

shampasaid

Congratulations Sankalan Bhattacharya, Neelam and Venkateswaran for winning the " sparkle" TOW contest. I wish you all the best for your future endeavors at ISC.

This was a very interesting contest and the topic was very relevant during the sparkling Diwali festival. My congratulations to all the three winners in their respective categories and I hope that they will continue their good work in ISC.
    Knowledge is power.

K Mohan- you very well know that we do give enhanced points and cc to a few other entries for contests.

Shampa - we have currently given points and cc to a few entries. The jury panel sometimes has prolonged discussions on non-winning entries and the points/cc may be awarded later, if at all. We cannot point out shortcomings as that would mean revealing the discussions.

Neelam - the little grey cells were already in motion and the method of conducting it popped up on the draft board on seeing Sun's thread and it will come to light one day, I promise. It is only fair to wait till he returns hale and hearty. Also, let us finish with the upcoming Team challenge contest first. Members had requested not to have simultaneous contests in order to get better participation and more focus on entries.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

ME Vandana,

Thank you for the reply. It is okay if you are not interested in pointing out the shortcomings. Still, I would like to highlight that giving no cc to my write-up is quite puzzling, but it's all right.

shampasaid

Congratulations to all the three winners of the TOW contest. No doubt, it was interesting topic. But I could not participate because of my busy schedule. I hope that winners will always contribute good work in coming days.

Congratulations to all the three winners of the TOW contest. It was indeed an interesting contest and all the participants utilized the opportunity to their best.

Congratulations to Sankalan,Neelam and Venkiteswaran on their winning of the TOW contest. Such motivation induce others also to take participation.

Congratulations to Sankalan, Neelam and Venkiteswaran for winning the TOW and special prizes! Though I'm not regularly posting on ISC, I try to check the updates daily as I feel good to visit the ISC and learn something from members. I'm trying hard to be back and contribute regularly on ISC.
    Anyways, I, once again, express my heartfelt congratulations to the winners.

Hearty congratulations to Sankalan and Neelima, the winners and Venkiteswaran sir, the special prize winner!

It would do well if members take note of the points mentioned by our ME in the announcement thread. It may be noted that such guidelines are not simply a part of the thread but are provided so that members adhere to the same in future contests.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

Congratulations to Sankalan Bhattacharya, Neelam and Venkiteswaran for winning the TOW contest. Well done and keep it up.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.