You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A short story written by me. I have been writing short stories and keeping in my file.

As I have passion for writing articles,stories and any forms of creative writing ,I was waiting for the right time to reveal my writing skills. I thank India Study Channel for providing me with the same. Here I would like to rewrite what I have written in my diary.

The story.....

The characters....
    1. Rukmani...the protogonist
    2. Jorna...her maid
    3. Brinda.... Her friend
    4. Revathi... Her daughter
    5. Salim... Her daughter in-law
    6.Ramesh..Her son
    7.Salma... Her daughter in-law

Rukmani....

Is sitting in front of her closet which is full of different types of crisp cotton sarees and suits, expensive ,soft silk sarees, woolen shawls and sweaters

Takes out her red kanjeevaram silk which her husband gifted her on her first wedding anniversary...
    She remembers the compliments she received from her friends

Similarly,she pulls out some more of her stuff and recollects the memory

After an hour,her smart phone rings and her friend informs her about the new year discount offer her about her offer going on in one of her branded showrooms and starts making a list clothes she
    Wanted to order

Even old women of the universe we live in have their desire to live happily and I too is one of them
    By the way very many congrats for having the treasure of short stories created and saved in your files, and ISC would be happy to have the same one after other and you can share this in the forum or the article section with much more details. Coming to the short story on Rukmani, the write up portrays that women are subjected to emotions and they easily get carried away with past happenings and they keep on recollecting good moments, complements and pats from others and they also treasure the great happenings of the past. And the author has also brought in the unending desire of the women to have more and more collections of cloths irrespective of the fact that she has many in the possession and that is the reasons being so the clothing malls are thriving with good sales in the name of offers and women are helping them make rich.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan,
    Thanks for the encouragement. I liked your last lines about the purchasing capacity of women. Even though it is a good joke,it is true because many women like to exhibit their dressing skills which make them more than what they need and splurge on clothes,makeup, accessories etc .
    Radha Muralidhar

Where is the story, Radha? Let us not have such experiments in the forum.
    'Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power'. -Lao Tzu

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.