You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you count cash when you are paying and receiving

When paying money I normally keep the correct amount by keeping separate sets by counting earlier itself in order to count before the receiving person. When I am going to office in mornings, I used pay the bus fare with exact change in order to get scolded from the conductor. When receiving balance I used to keep the amount given by anybody as such into my handbag or pant packet without counting. Once I was told by my wife to count the money whenever receiving others especially from bus conductors and vendors as it should not be excess erroneously they could give. It will affect them more and us also as we have to answer for that money later. Since then I used to count the cash or coins whenever I get from others. Similarly I used to total up the bill amount in order to avoid the wrong calculations by vendor. One day like that the grocery vendor put Rs.70 short in total and gave me excess of Rs.70. On checking I found this and gave back the 70 rupees by noting the difference in total.
    These days cash transactions are very less and counting the money received or money to be paid is not required many times. But it is always good to count before giving and after receiving so that shortage or excess can be identified immediately. Even in a bank, the cashier counts the money before he gives or after he takes it.
    I generally, count the money when I keep it in my purse and from that, I will pay whenever required and I will make a note of expenses regularly so that I will have an idea of my total expenses. I will definitely count before giving it to anybody. In the same way, I will count the money received from anybody.

drrao
    always confident

It is better to count the cash always before giving or after receiving. There are so many currency notes and sometimes they also stick with each other especially when they are brand new and hence it is imperative to count them to avoid any confusion or create any short or over payment. Counting will take care of any chance of mistakes and will also avoid confusions arising out of not counting. In the bank the cashier always counts the notes before payment.
    Knowledge is power.

It is good trait on the part of author to return the excess amount received from the grocery vendor and sometimes it happens over the mistake of calculations. But in this regard I wish to reveal the important factor. That now a days the banks are not pinning the notes of one hundred pieces in bundle and they are keeping as loose currencies. When we draw huge amount, it is imperative to check the exact amount at the counter itself. Once I got one piece less of five hundred rupees notes when I withdraw 24,000 from the cashier. Though he counted in his automated machine it was right, but when I counted it was just 23,500. Since I was counting at the counter, he has to believe me and he again counted this time manually and agreed that one note was missing. So even at the bank counters we have to be careful before leaving.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I think this is a good practice to double-check or count the money while giving someone or receiving from someone. When I was in school I was not habitual for this and sometimes also think that counting money that given by someone else is a sign of doubt on front one. But one day my father explained that there is nothing to count them in fact it is a good habit that also shows your intelligence, so never hesitate to count money while receiving from anyone. Now it's in my habit to count money in both situations.

• Sign In to post your comments