You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

A Christmas story for children - write one, win a prize!

We're soon going to enjoy the festive cheer of Christmas. So how about writing a delightful story for children? Of course, it can be enjoyed by adults too! We are also going to allow you to write a good length story, so give it your best shot.

What you have to do: Based on the picture below, write a creative Christmas story for children (the age group is not relevant). It should be something happy and fun. The object in the picture should be mentioned at least once and you can weave the story in a manner that includes it directly or indirectly. Put an appropriate title relevant to your story, though it need not mention the object in the picture. At the end of your story, please give a link to this announcement thread.

Here's the picture for your Christmas story-
    Creative Story Contest Image

Rules-
    1. A member can submit only one story. It should be submitted in this category of the Forum- Discussion Forums>>About IndiaStudyChannel>>Creative Writing. After submitting the story, give a link to it in a response to this thread.
    2. The story should be in English, with a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 500 words (one or two extra words are fine, but not more than five extra words). You are welcome to make changes in the length, correct typo or other basic errors, but do not change the core of the story.
    3. Do not give any links in the story.
    4. You can write the story in any genre and include conversations, analogies, proverbs, perhaps make it autobiographical in nature....the creativity has no limits!

The rewards-
    First prize (max. two): Rs.150/-
    Second prize (one): Rs.100/-
    A few consolation prizes may be given as well.

Closing date: 21st December 2021.
    Hi Vandana, This is Radha Muralidhar . I have registered as Niharikha as I have lost my phone and all my data was also lost. I would like to write a story and participate in the contest.

Radha,

I have responded in your other thread. Accordingly, you can try and participate through your original account itself.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I have tried to open in the name of Lokhi which was my original user name. It had sent reset password link but when I tried to revive it says invalid pass word. Please inform what to do next.

Radha,

Kindly avoid further responses to this thread regarding your account as this is a contest thread. Put your query about the password issue in the other thread only. If at all you are unable to log in, then only submit an entry under this new account.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Ok. I will send the story under Niharika's account

My entry for the Christmas story

Have faith in the happy spirit of Christmas and make others' Christmas Happy too.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

This is my submission for this contest.
    The true meaning of Christmas

drrao
    always confident

My entry for the contest is as below -
    The boy who tells lies and his Christmas gift.

Knowledge is power.

My entry:
    Try being someone s secret Santa too
    Believe in the existence of God the superpower.
    Regards
    Dhruba

My entry:

A loving memory as a Christmas present

shampasaid

Here is my entry for the contest:

The Best Christmas Carol

Here goes my entry to the contest:

The fun and enjoyment remained the same

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My entry:

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.