You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

A Christmas story for children - contest winners

We received just eight entries for the Christmas story writing contest. It is unfortunate to see a steady drop in participation for such creative writing contests as well as for article contests, while there is no lack of enthusiasm for the month-end topic-based TOW contests. Surely it is not that tough to pen a simple story. We may have to entirely discontinue such contests if there is poor participation.

For this particular contest, the jury was unanimous in deciding the winner and also in taking the decision not to award the second prize, and to award two consolation prizes.

The winner of the contest with a cash prize of Rs.150/- is Dr Deepali Gangwar for her delightful story The Best Christmas Carol.

The winners of the consolation prizes of Rs.75/- each are-
    1. Dhruba for his story Try being someone's secret Santa too
    and
    2. Shampa Sadhya for her story A loving memory as a Christmas present

Congratulations to all the winners!

A big thanks to the participants for your time and efffort. All participants, including winners, will get a minimum of 10 points and all non-winning entries will be given enhanced points and cash credits.
    Congratulations to the winners of Christmas story for children contest - Dr.Deepali Gangwar, Dhruba and Shampa Sadhya. My New Year Greetings to you also

This was an interesting contest for creative writing. The participation was not much but some members tried their best to showcase their creative potential. Now the results are declared and I congratulate all the winners who have got awards against this creative writing contest. Well done members and keep up your good work in this portal.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to all the winners of the story writing contest. The selected stories are excellent and they deserve the awards. I hope and wish that all the winners will continue their good work in coming contests and win many more prizes. I hope more members will participate in these contests so that they will become more competitive and we can see good contributions.
    drrao
    always confident

My hearty congrats go to Dr Deepali for her best story on Christmas carol that eventually won the story for children contest. My appreciation also goes to consolation prize winners Dhruba and Shampa for their respective entries on the same contest.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulations to all the winners of the contest - Dr.Deepali Gangwar, Dhruba and Shampa Sadhya.

Congratulation to the winners of the Christmas story contest, I also wish to all other participants for their contribution. Wish you all the very best for future contests.

The cash prizes for the winners have been credited to their profile accounts, and everyone else has been given points and cc as per the jury's decision. Everyone is requested to use the recalculate feature at their Dashboard so that if there is an error and the cc is not credited, then we can look into it before this month's payment is announced.

A few points to note-
    1. Avoid lengthy titles.
    2. Always check if the link that you have given in the contest announcement thread is correct. That is, the HTML tags and the placement of the entry's URL and anchor text are correct. Otherwise, the jury has to search for your entry in the forum/scoreboard.
    3. When responding to a contest entry, do make meaningful comments otherwise do not post a response at all. Do not merely repeat the storyline. You could state, for example, which part of the story you liked and why, discuss some particular related aspect, perhaps narrate some actual similar experience that you may be aware of, etc.
    4. Let there be a good flow to the story. Do not put in features in a haphazard manner or pop in an element (such as the camera in this case) so suddenly that is not really connected at that specific point of the narrative.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I am glad to see my name on the winner's list of the Christmas story for children contest. I am thankful to ISC for selecting my story for the prize. I also congratulate my co-winners for winning their prizes. I thank the other members for their motivating wishes.

My congratulations to all the winners of the contest. It is true that the participation was less but nevertheless, such contests during the time of festivities add more flavours and also gives the option to hone the skills. My best wishes to the other participants and hope from time to time there will be more such contests.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My hearty congratulations to Dhruba and Shampa Sadhya for being declared the winner of the Christmas story for children contest. I also extend my congrats to other participants who have received cash credits.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Thank you, ISC, for my award. My congratulations to the rest of the winners. Keep it up! Many thanks to all the members for their wishes. I wish good luck to everyone for the future contests.
    shampasaid

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.