You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Admissions

Confused about CBSE UKG admission for 2022-2023

I am seeking CBSE UKG admission for my daughter for this academic year 2022-2023. She is pursuing her LKG in a matriculation school right now, and I want to move her to a CBSE school for this academic year. Her DOB is 30th December 2017. The school is providing UKG admissions for the students between 1st December 2016 to 30th November 2017. Just because of one month age difference she is back by one year. Can you guide me on this?
    What you have mentioned in your post is absolutely correct and CBSE schools are resorting to that band of time for age for UKG admissions that you have shown in your query. Schools are very particular about the age criterion. Still, as per my information, the principal has a special power of exempting the age by 30 days period in special cases and you can meet the principal and tell him your case and if it is coming under that stipulation then you might get the benefit of that in case of your child.

Another thing that one must understand at this juncture is that there is no hurry in getting the child admitted to a particular class and feel bad about it when he or she is not eligible or misses it by a few days or a few months. One must remember that career-making is a long process and a change of one year at this pre-primary level is not going to make any significant change in the future and carer of the child. Many parents do not have clear ideas about this but if they compare the long educational chain and career-making process this one year has no significance and does not at all make a difference in one's life. There is no big deal in saving a year at this stage.

Knowledge is power.

There are some schools of CBSE syllabus that are very strict about the age of the student to get admitted into the school. Your son is just missing the date by one month. Some schools may consider this one or two months and even up to six months difference in the age. That all depends on the school administration and the principal. You can approach the Principal of the school and discuss the problem and they may consider your daughter's case. Try different schools in your area.

As your daughter is already in the State syllabus let her continue the same syllabus if nobody gives her a seat in UKG in the CBSE syllabus. In my opinion that is better than losing one year for the sake of changing from one syllabus to the syllabus. Chances of scoring more makes are more in State syllabus as for the information I have.

drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.