You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

This month no information thread about the contests

Every month on 1st or 2nd, we used to see a thread opened by the Managing Editor or a Lead Editor in which the proposed contests for the month are mentioned. Many times the ME used to suggest members open and see that thread for any new contests. But this month that thread is not yet published.

The ME in one of her remarks while announcing the winners of a contest mentioned that she was not happy with the level of participation of members and also said that If the same trend continues ISC may stop such contests. Is that the reason for not announcing the threads for the month?

Maybe they are busy otherwise and couldn't find time to open the thread I think. However, I hope members of ISC will show interest and participate in contests actively so that they will not be deprived of having a chance to participate in contests.
    ISC is regularly providing us various contests for show casing our creative skills. There are some inbuilt contests on weekly or monthly basis while there are many new contests introduced time to time. It takes time and energy to design newer and newer contests to attract the fancy of the participants.
    Unfortunately, the whole exercise is wasted if the participation is poor. If more members participate in the various contests then definitely the number of contests will increase with time. So in nutshell it is in the hands of the members to get more contests or less contests from ISC.
    I call upon all the members to wholeheartedly participate in the contest to make it a success. Please remember that if more people participate in a contest then the traffic to such threads also increases significantly which is a big source of advantage not only to this site but ultimately it is beneficial to the members also.
    When we are learning and earning in the site then is it not our responsibility to contribute to bring prosperity to it?

Knowledge is power.

I have also noticed this, editors are not able to be more active at this time, but surely there must be some special reason behind this or they must be contributing to other work. Well, this happened for the first time so all the members may feel a little strange because ISC went first in everything, I hope whatever editors are not able to spend time on the forum, after those responsibilities and necessary pending work, they will soon He will join us. After all, it is a family that seems incomplete even for the lack of a single member.

Thanks, Dr NV Srinivasa Rao Sir and others for bringing this up. I will let Vandana ma'am know and am sure she will come up with the said thread shortly. It might be that our ME and other Lead Editors are busy due to some or other reason and couldn't possibly get time to come up with the thread.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Probably she might have planned for the one year and released the programs month wise without fail and since the December has ended and new year started may be new contest would be in anvil. Let us wait and hear from her. Meanwhile members should brace up and contribute at least one thread a day to keep this forum get going with same sort of enthusiasm as done in the recent past.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Hi everyone, the monthly contests will resume soon. A family member of Vandana ma'am has tested positive for covid and as such as part of the precautions, ma'am won't be online for a few days. She will soon get back to you all along with the series of contests that she conducts every month. Thankfully, she and the other members of her family have tested negative and things are very much in control as of now.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Everyone,

I am able to come online, but due to my possible erratic presence at ISC due to the situation at home as explained by Dhruv, I will not be conducting contests this month. I do not wish to commit myself if I cannot follow it through, that is, I may not be able to monitor and manage it for its full scheduled course.

In case another editor is able to conduct contests, then surely the schedule will be put up.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• Sign In to post your comments