You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you decorated your house with your family photo?

When we talk about photos in today's time, the first thing that comes to mind is the mobile because most of the photos are stored in the mobile itself, when the storage starts decreasing then the photos are saved in the laptop which is sometimes seen. But on some occasions when the whole family is together, we often try to make a lovely family photo. In large families, there are still problems many times because all the members are rarely present together but whenever found such situation when all members are there, a family photo must be taken and it must be placed in the main room of the house with framing. Is your family photo decorated in your house too, if yes, how many members of your family are in that picture, please share?
    We keep group photos of our family members taken from time to time in a Photo Album and these albums will be there in a wardrobe in our house. Whenever we have time and whenever we meet together we will take out those albums and go through them once in a while.
    We have some photos which are framed kept on the walls of our house at our native place. They are all mainly individual photos of my father and his brothers and parents. In our generation, we have only albums. I keep many of our family photos on my Facebook page also.

drrao
    always confident

Yes we have the family photo of our four of us once taken when our daughter was on my lap and the son was in my life's shoulder and that was 20 years back. And we also have one photo of our family when that was required to be submitted for ESI purpose and therefore we have two family photos duly framed. Whenever we see such old photos, we get back to those days when my daughter was having a strawberry mole dangling on her neck and we consulted many doctors to have plastic surgery, but fortunately it vanished on its own and my son looks handsome with coat and suit and I look 20 years young along with my wife. One thing is sure, the photos when kept framed, it adores the room and who ever visits the house would have the dekko at it and would certainly pass the comment as to how we were so lean and good.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Family is closed to the heart of every individuals and many households display the photographs where in all the members of the families are captured together in a photo frame. Although it might not be picture perfect,it is displayed with much pride at the living room.
    Now-a-days durin weddings people usually take pictures of extended cousins when all of them rarely unite.
    I feel at least one family photograph should adorn the living room.

Family is closed to the heart of every individual and many households display the photographs where in all the members of the families are captured together in a photo frame. Although it might not be picture perfect,it is displayed with much pride at the living room.
    Now-a-days during weddings people usually take pictures of extended cousins when all of them rarely unite.
    I feel at least one family photograph should adorn the living room.

Family photos taken on various occasions like marriage, tour, travel, pilgrimage, visits by & to relatives etc. are kept in various albums. They are from since many years ago. So we have a cupboard half full with such photo albums. Recent photos are stored in mobile phone or desktop/laptop.

There is only one family photo(Myself, wife and son) displayed in our front room. That was taken on our visit to Tirupati a ew years ago.

My so was always interested to display them on digital frames, but we could not find a suitable digital frame which has large storage as well as affordable too.

Pictures are reminders of the times we wanted to capture as we were happy and content at those time. I feel family pictures are epitome of emotions and love. I agree with the author that in big families not every is represented in the photos. I also know how much influence mobile phones have today therefore many families have stopped taking real photos to have as hardcopy. I don't despise mobile phones as it allows us to capture any moment we want and later turn in into hardcopy if we want however the feeling that we have whenever we click a picture through a camera and getting it filtered it great. I have always loved keeping captured moment and displaying them pride. Even if sometimes I was not present I felt the joy someone of my family felt it. Therefore I love displaying pictures of my family in-house. Displaying the moments worth getting captured.
    Believe in the existence of God the superpower.
    Regards
    Dhruba

Yes, quite recently we went for it. A number of family photographs now adore our walls and shelves. These are single photos as well as joint photographs of my spouse, son and parents as well. Some of the larger frames even accommodate more than one photos. We have plans for more, as we would like to have photographs of our extended family to feature in too. Since most of the photos are from the time when developing of prints were the norm, it takes you back in time and you simply can't help but relish those moments.
    Patience and perseverance pays

During my childhood we had a family photo hanged on the wall in our drawing room. At the time where ever I visited I found that this was a common trend in the households and there was a family photo either on the cupboard on the wall. We had one in which we were four members as my youngest brother was not born till that time. Later we had another photo including him and and that was kept on the cupboard.
    Now a days I am not seeing that trend except in a few houses may be because everyone has so many photos in the mobile and they can always watch them in it.

Knowledge is power.

Till recently we maintained the family photos hanged on the walls of our drawing rooms. The
    positioning of these photos were maintained in such a way that this looked gorgeous. It remained in such postures for long and one fine day, my grand daughter replaced all these old photos with some artistic natural photos created by her at different timings and the photos hanged earlier found their places in a wooden cabinet. However, there are some photos of my late father being seen with my younger brother on his lap and myself in his right side. My late mother was in the sitting position with her youngest son on her lap. That was the family photo taken in the year 1955 and that memory is still in my mind. There are a lot of family photos arranged in albums systemically taken out sometimes to be displayed on some special occasions when there is get together of the family members.

• Sign In to post your comments