You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, the hero of all time

Today is Swami Vivekananda's 160th birthday. Special ceremonies were held at Swamiji's residence-Kolkata. However, fans are not allowed inside the house in the Corona situation. Arrangements have been made to pay homage to them outside. On the occasion of Swami Vivekananda's birthday and 75 years of independence, the Ramakrishna Mission and the Ministry of Culture of the Central Government have planned a series of events until 15th August. His life was dedicated to nation-building. He has inspired the youth to work for nation-building. Today is Youth Day so let us take the oath to fulfill the dream he had for the nation without any politics.
    India is highly indebted to have a iconic person ideal like Swamy Vivekananda and his birthday would give further fillip to his great work which need to be implemented. Once there was a religious conference and world religious leaders attended it. He kept his religious book on the table and asked others to place the book on the table. But one after the other were placing the book and it piled up like a big tower and those placed the book on the top felt that their religion was strong and going. But when Vivekananda gave the stunning reply, they all turned dumbstruck. That only his religious book has the strength and courage to carry on the burden and weight of all books and that itself speaks volume of content about the greatness of the book. This has made others stunned and tried to analyze the indebted statement of Swamy on the matter.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This Indian Monk was a great philosopher. His oratory skills are very good and second to none. He has given a new interpretation of Hinduism as well as spirituality. His birthday was declared as the National Youth Day by the then government of India in 1985. He died on 4th July 1902. Self-perfection and service, are the two ideals on him and throughout his life, he continued to work for those two always. He was the founder of Ramakrishna mission. He is a disciple of Sri Rama Krishna Paramahamsa. During his life, he tried his best to raise interfaith awareness. His famous speech in Parliament of World's Religions in Chicago in 1893 on channelling the energy of the youth has become very famous. His speech influenced many foreigners also and they have become the disciples of this great monk. Many of them came with him to India and served in the Ramakrishna mission.
    Today's youth should take his teachings as inspirations and should work in similar lines. On his birthday I salute this great man for his unending efforts in uplifting morals and self respect among the people.

drrao
    always confident

Swami Vivekananda was a legendary figure. He was a great philosopher and his speeches are still referred and quoted by people at different levels. He went abroad and gave speeches which simply mesmerised the people there. We all feel proud that as an Indian philosopher he made a place for him in the history of world. I pay my respect and homage to that great personality.
    Knowledge is power.

In this regard, I had a real shock that saddened me much about the ignorance, carelessness and in-signifying attitude of our people.

In a WhatsApp group someone posted a quotation from the sayings of Swami Vivekananda and highlighted the day was Swamiji's birthday,

Prompt cam a response post ' Happy Birthday Swamiji" . Will you not also b shocked to se such a response?

A few more followed and gave birthday greetings and wishes. Then someone who did not want spend hard work came with a abbreviation "HBDS"-imagine it!!

What you say about all this??

Swami Vivekananda's every activity was a teaching to every one. He was a role model to youngsters. It has been told that he started his speech in Chicago by addressing the gathering by dear brothers and sisters. This depicts his love on others. My worry is how our government skipped his teachings in school lessons.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.