You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A self challenge for contributing in forum section

There was one interesting forum contest in which for 15 days we continuously submitted a post and many members participated in that wholeheartedly and that was a very successful event.
    Recently we had another one during the year end where we were asked to post for 4 days continuously.
    All this evoked in my mind to self challenge ourselves for submitting posts continuously in the forum section. But many times due to various reasons we are not able to keep that continuity.
    So one thing that comes to my mind is that let us make a target of 52 posts per year and every week we must post at least one post to get a self awarded score to ourselves and feel delighted about it.
    For the members who are regularly posting in forum section this is not a big deal but my target members of this post are those members who are writing occasionally without any fixed time frame.
    Those who like this idea can start keeping a record so that they should post at least one post every week. This is a long term strategy and would yield good results. Are you willing to adopt this methodology?
    The author made a good suggestion as the forum need to have more threads, new threads on new subjects so that everyone can have the response and say on the post. Now after the challenge is over, only the regulars are posting the thread and others are simply answering them. There are many issues, matters, and information that can be discussed and deliberated here and members must churn out new threads. By the way 52 threads per years is very less given the tag that we are all content writers and have the capacity to respond and reply in all sections. What I feel that when members have 15 post limit for every week , at least seven or eight post per week should be loaded from each member and that would bring glory and fame to the forum. And every member would also enhance their knowledge for sure.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Some authors are posting much more than what the author suggested. There are members like Mohan who will start at least 2 or 3 threads every day. There are some who will post one thread at least every day. My statistics say that on average I am posting a thread every alternative day. So 52 threads in a year can be easily achieved. I am not keeping any count on this. But I will try to post at least 52 threads this year as suggested by the author. The author asked others about their willingness. But what is his target? Is he accepting the same?
    Similarly, we can have some targets for other sections also. We should try to submit a minimum of one article every month and that comes to 12 per annum. Many authors are submitting more than that, I feel. But members like me should take such challenge and start submitting the articles.

drrao
    always confident

I think some writers are already setting a target for their contribution. Those who have to keep contributing continuously are submitting at least one thread daily. As we understand that this limit is of three threads for a day, then most of the writers come with two or three threads. Still, I find that spawning a thread is more complicated than responding to another thread because it's important to generate an idea to spawn a new thread. By the way, the author's suggestion is very good and if all the members think about it, then it will prove to be a good step.

Suggestion of the author is definitely an encouraging steps for many members, who are satisfied with their responses in the threads raised by the esteemed members. For the smooth continuity of the threads, it should be created by the remaining members to post at least one thread weekly so that enough threads are generated for the members getting scopes for others to share their knowledge.

This suggestion is made basically for those members who at present are not much active in forum section except making a few responses here and there.
    Knowledge is power.

Seems like a nice idea. I am wondering, whether I can take up this challenge! The main difficulty is in getting ideas for good threads on a regular basis. Moreover, one has to be disciplined enough to post every once in a while. Can't promise, but let us see if I can make a beginning. It will at least help me in reaching my immediate goal that is recovering my Diamond level. Don't want to languish at the Gold level, even though it is a good level too.
    Patience and perseverance pays

@Dhruv, what I suggest that members are reluctant to hoist the threads and they are only waiting for some contest to be announced but the editors can take the lead and post some threads daily so that others would also get the cue. And for those who post regularly, the ISC is not giving any special recognition and that is missing. Anyway , forum need to be active and going for which everyone need to contribute something or the other.
    K Mohan @ Moga

I love this challenge! Yes, it is definitely not an easy one since it means a commitment to posting a thread right through 2022. More than posting a weekly thread, keeping a record of it would be a mammoth task I should think. Nevertheless, I am at least going to try.

I checked back and saw that I have missed out on the first week of this year since an award announcement cannot be considered as part of such a challenge. Last week I posted a query about the smartphone battery so I suppose it could be counted as the start of my participation in this challenge! I have opened a doc in my Google Drive to keep a record and put it as 'Week 1: (date)' and so on. Hopefully, this tracker will get filled up and be sustained right till the last week of December.

Thank you, Umesh, for this challenge as it means coming out of one's comfort zone and attempting something that has a goal to it. In fact, for 2021 I participated in the HT Brunch Challenge of reading 60 books in the year that should include at least 15 written by Indian authors. I was keen to be one of the lucky winners of the gift hamper, but more than that, I was keen to finish the challenge. I was not easy, mind you, and I barely made it, but it was huge fun. Similarly, I expect this challenge by Umesh to be enjoyable as well.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I was just thinking- Sun would have loved to be part of this challenge as well. Hope he has recuperated nicely from the surgery he had mentioned back in November '21 and is able to re-join us soon.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Feel happy that this thread has generated some interest like that and I will also be trying to meet this self challenge during the year 2022 and maybe beyond.
    Knowledge is power.

For the last few days I had been thinking of posting a thread, but could manage it just today. Will like to keep up with the challenge, more so because it will keep you thinking and as Vandana ma'am has said, allow us to come out of our comfort zone. Read 60 books in one year! - simply superb.
    Patience and perseverance pays

But what about members like me hoisting threads since 13 years irrespective of any contest or asking, and I always felt and easy to hoist thread than replying to host of it. Nevertheless active members should raise threads .For that matter, as on today I had raised 9659 forum posts and responded to as many as 62,196 threads so far, which seems to be big task even for me if I want to repeat the task again.
    K Mohan @ Moga

• Sign In to post your comments