You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Some facts we do not know

Here are some facts from across the world to which it is the new information for us.
    That a species called Bumblebees have hair on their eyes.
    Do you what is meant by Android? A human with male robot appearance.
    Violin bows are generally made from horse hair.
    Witwatersrand in South Africa accounted for 50 percent of gold and mined on earth.
    Do you know, a baby Panda at birth is smaller as mouse.
    Probably Iceland is the only place on earth which does not have Railways.
    Did you know that 75 percent of world diet produced from 12 plants.

If possible some new information from your side and enhance knowledge.
    Good information from the author and we came to know some new points through this post. Thanks to the author for the same.
    1. Do you know that there is only one animal in this universe. Which is that? Any guess? The elephant is the only animal that can't jump.
    2. Which will become ice fast? Hot water or cold water. We feel the answer is cold water. But science says it is hot water that becomes ice faster.
    3. We all use headphones. But how many of us know this fact that wearing headphones for an hour will increase the number of bacteria in our ear by 700 times,
    4. Butterflies are very beautiful to see. They smell with their feet.

drrao
    always confident

Good information added by Dr Rao, I would request other members also make some new submissions.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The author is quite right. Many things we do not aware even though we are visiting there many times. Even in some places we visit, we came to know some facts about the place after return. For this I used to gather some information related to the places where I planned to visit. It is not new to me only but many among us face such situation. One of my friend visited a temple of Taramangalam, near Salem of Tamilnadu, wrote to me about his visit along with photos of the temple rare things. But there is a rare sculpture of 'vaali vadha'. The specialty in that is we can see Vali and sugreeva fought from a pillar where Rama and Lakshmana but from the pillar vali sugreeva we cannot see Rama. When I told this to my friend he felt bad as he missed the same to see during his visit.

We can visit historical and religious places after coming across the useful thread which the author has started. Even i have planned to visit some places of significance in the near future. I will surely add the place Vaali vadha to my bucket list of places to visit.Internet has become a boon to people who are interested in knowing such places because with just a blink we can get the needed information.Also, in Karnataka there are quite a lot of must visit places.

The human body is as complex and difficult to understand as the universe is. The number of neurons and their complex systems is very difficult to understand. In the same context, we still need to understand how black holes, dark matters, the birth of the universe all are yet to be known. The human heart is not possible to produce in the lab. God has given us a very precious machine/body. We must appreciate it and should take care of it.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Do you know that 1.6 million Japanese live in Brazil. This is amazing presence since many years and they are contributing to Brazil development.
    K Mohan

This is a very interesting thread and I would like to mention some that intrigued me -
    1. Ice pops were invented in 1905, by an 11-year-old boy named Frank Epperson by accident.
    2. Dolphins need to come up for air after about 10 minutes while by slowing their heart rates, sloths can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
    3. The apples that we buy in supermarkets are generally 6 to 12 months old.
    4. Octopuses have three hearts.
    5. Adolf Hitler was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. He finally withdrew his nomination.
    6. The shortest war in history lasted 38 minutes in the year 1896 between Britain and Zanzibar.
    7. Blue whale tongues can weigh as much as an elephant.

Knowledge is power.

Nowadays almost everyone uses ATM card every day. But do you know why the PIN of an ATM card is only four digits? This is because. The person who made the ATM machine first set a six-digit PIN for the ATM but his wife faced trouble remembering the pin of the ATM. So, he decided to change it Six Digit to four-digit
    Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

In 2006, a Coco Cola employee wanted to sell the secrets to Pepsico, and the Pepsico responded to Coca Cola, exposed the employee. That is corporate culture.
    K Mohan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.