You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Rafael Nadal wins 21st. Grand Slam title.

Rafael Nadal won the Australian Open Tennis Tournament and became the first male player to win 21 Grand Slam titles. Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic are close behind with 20 Grand Slam titles each. In the finals of the Australian Open yesterday, Nadal lost the first two sets to Medvedev of Russia in the best of five sets match. Then he came from behind and won the last three sets to win the Australian Open. What a match and what an amazing win it was. Nadal won 2 Australian Opens, 13 French Opens, 2 Wimbledon, and 4 U. S. Opens in his career so far to become the first male player to win 21 Grand Slam titles. Join me to applaud this Spaniard for his great achievement.
    This is really a great honour that Rafael Nadal achieved this milestone. I congratulate him on this occasion and wish that he will have more laurels like that in future.
    Knowledge is power.

It's a great achievement by a 35-year-old player. He is one of the fit players in the tennis world at this ripe age. This achievement is really a milestone and record. My best wishes to him for his future ATP matches.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

The perseverance, the commitment, the grit and courage to face the opponents with ease are the finest qualities of Rafael Nadal and thus won the grand slam title for the 21st time and made himself the most envied person in the sports of Open Tennis. Though other players like Roger and Novak have also won the grand slam 20 times, it was Rafael who took the game to his stride and it is very enjoyable to watch his playing with total concentration and bright outcome for sure. Nadal seems to be fascinated with the French open as he won as much as 13 times and two each with Australian and Wimbledon and four US open tournaments. Probably his record cannot be surpassed or acheived by others because winning the French open so many times proves that his stamina and courage to outsmart the opponent with ease.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The Spaniard with this win now had 58 'Big Titles', Djokovic is having 62 and Roger Federer is having 54. A trophy at a Grand Slam championship, a Nitto ATP Finals, an ATP Masters 1000 tournament and an Olympic singles gold medal are taken as Big Titles.
    At one time many of us thought that he lost the match but he fought back and won the title with 2-6, 6-7(5), 6-4, 6-4, 7-5 after five hours and 24 minutes. A remarkable win and it speaks about the calibre of the player. Congratulations to him for his great performance.
    He may win many more in the coming days and I wish him all the best.

drrao
    always confident

Good to see Rafael Nadal winning the Australian Open. It is a sure wonder that even at this age, he still has many aces left up his sleeves. However, feeling sad about Novak Djokovic. Had he been there in the tournament it would have been more magical. But then it is all his fault. Had he got himself vaccinated, there would have been no issues. Wonder, what fun some people get by such antics. It is not him alone. There are many, especially in the west, who are dead against vaccines of any kind. Thank heavens, India is a lot better in this regard and most of us obediently follow the health norms. In any case, the men's singles final between Nadal and Medvedev was a very exciting one. Hard luck for the Russian that he could not win the tournament even though he led in the first two sets.
    Patience and perseverance pays

• Sign In to post your comments